GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   brown conifers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/35179-brown-conifers.html)

PMAC1727 01-07-2003 11:27 PM

brown conifers

several conifers of various types in my garden going brown. other plants are
fine. can anyone offer some advice ?

bnd777 02-07-2003 12:11 AM

brown conifers

Conifers do not like lots of water
or long periods of drought
they go brown from ground up naturally
they go brown with light deprivation especilly in the centres and between
plants in a hedge
All in all they are a proverbial pain in the butt

Try planting Pyracantha or Escallonia or laurel instead if you want an
evergreen hedge

Justin Thyme 02-07-2003 12:08 PM

brown conifers

http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...own_leaves.asp