GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Maincrop or Early Potatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/35666-maincrop-early-potatoes.html)

welshman 06-07-2003 06:44 PM

Maincrop or Early Potatoes

I've done a really silly thing and forgotten whether I planed maincrops or
earlies, can I now tell the difference by digging one up?

thanks.

The Devil's Advocate 06-07-2003 06:56 PM

Maincrop or Early Potatoes

If your earlies were planted in March they should by now be dying back
naturally. The maincrop ones should still be green on top and looking as if
they are still 'alive'. At least that's the timing here but you should see a
distinct drooping/ dying off of the earlies well before the maincrop

welshman wrote:
: I've done a really silly thing and forgotten whether I planed
: maincrops or earlies, can I now tell the difference by digging one up?
:
:
: thanks.

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk

welshman 06-07-2003 09:34 PM

Maincrop or Early Potatoes

"The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
message ...

welshman wrote:
: I've done a really silly thing and forgotten whether I planed
: maincrops or earlies, can I now tell the difference by digging one up?
:
:
: thanks.

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk

then I have maincrop. thought so cos I dug up 2 of em and had a few
potatoes, but not nearly the norm for the plant. thanks a lot...