GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Beetroot (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/35879-beetroot.html)

Darkginger 08-07-2003 10:33 AM

Beetroot

Just a quickie - never having grown this before, can anyone tell me how you
know when it's ready for harvesting? Many thanks!

Jo

---

Tim 08-07-2003 10:44 AM

Beetroot

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 08:57:44 +0100, Darkginger
wrote:

Just a quickie - never having grown this before, can anyone tell me how
you
know when it's ready for harvesting? Many thanks!

When it's as big as you want. Seriously. You can eat them realy small, or
wait until they're bigger. They are edible as soon as you have anything
worth eating.

Tim.

[email protected] 08-07-2003 06:10 PM

Beetroot

wrote:

Just a quickie - never having grown this before, can anyone tell me how
you
know when it's ready for harvesting? Many thanks!

When it's as big as you want. Seriously. You can eat them realy small, or
wait until they're bigger. They are edible as soon as you have anything
worth eating.

And the root will be partly out of the ground so it will be easy to
see how big it is.
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk

Kay Easton 08-07-2003 11:37 PM

Beetroot

In article oprrzjkrj7wxhha1@localhost, Tim timnothy.cohsalpleangmer@a
pk.at writes
wrote:

Just a quickie - never having grown this before, can anyone tell me how
you
know when it's ready for harvesting? Many thanks!

When it's as big as you want. Seriously. You can eat them realy small, or
wait until they're bigger. They are edible as soon as you have anything
worth eating.

As the roots start to swell, their 'shoulders' break the soil surface.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: