Old 08-07-2003, 10:33 AM
Darkginger

Default Beetroot

Just a quickie - never having grown this before, can anyone tell me how you
know when it's ready for harvesting? Many thanks!

Jo

---

Old 08-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Tim

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 08:57:44 +0100, Darkginger
wrote:

Just a quickie - never having grown this before, can anyone tell me how
you
know when it's ready for harvesting? Many thanks!

When it's as big as you want. Seriously. You can eat them realy small, or
wait until they're bigger. They are edible as soon as you have anything
worth eating.

Tim.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:10 PM

wrote:

Just a quickie - never having grown this before, can anyone tell me how
you
know when it's ready for harvesting? Many thanks!

When it's as big as you want. Seriously. You can eat them realy small, or
wait until they're bigger. They are edible as soon as you have anything
worth eating.

And the root will be partly out of the ground so it will be easy to
see how big it is.
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk

Old 08-07-2003, 11:37 PM
Kay Easton

In article oprrzjkrj7wxhha1@localhost, Tim timnothy.cohsalpleangmer@a
pk.at writes
wrote:

Just a quickie - never having grown this before, can anyone tell me how
you
know when it's ready for harvesting? Many thanks!

When it's as big as you want. Seriously. You can eat them realy small, or
wait until they're bigger. They are edible as soon as you have anything
worth eating.

As the roots start to swell, their 'shoulders' break the soil surface.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 08-07-2003, 11:41 PM
Kay Easton

wrote:

Just a quickie - never having grown this before, can anyone tell me how
you
know when it's ready for harvesting? Many thanks!

When it's as big as you want. Seriously. You can eat them realy small, or
wait until they're bigger. They are edible as soon as you have anything
worth eating.

As the roots start to swell, their 'shoulders' break the soil surface.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Carrots & beetroot - when ready? Sandra Bodycoat Australia 2 27-06-2007 02:00 AM
Beetroot Nitro® United Kingdom 2 28-05-2007 12:55 PM
Advice please about radish and beetroot scallyally Edible Gardening 0 22-05-2007 11:53 AM
Beetroot tops The Reids United Kingdom 9 26-08-2004 10:37 AM
Beetroot farmerbrown.fsnet.co.uk@fs United Kingdom 1 26-02-2003 05:39 AM