GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   radish for kicks (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/36016-radish-kicks.html)

miklol 09-07-2003 03:32 PM

radish for kicks

I have had a poor result from my french breakfast radish for some reason, so
tried rudi, a very nice round red variety but without the hot bite. Can
anyone suggest a good cropper with a bit of a kick I can try out.

The Devil's Advocate 09-07-2003 03:56 PM

radish for kicks

Radish are good sometimes and not others depending on the conditions. They
are better if they can grow quickly, i.e. plenty of moisture and warmth. I
would try French Breakfast again, they grow so quickly you can put a few in
every fortnight

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk
"miklol" wrote in message
: I have had a poor result from my french breakfast radish for some reason,
so
: tried rudi, a very nice round red variety but without the hot bite. Can
: anyone suggest a good cropper with a bit of a kick I can try out.
:
:

Steve Harris 09-07-2003 05:20 PM

radish for kicks

I found my French Breakfast a bit bland and I've seen them described as
"mild". "Saxa" have a bit most flavour and "Osterguss Rose" from Lidl
quite good. Winter radishes are supposed to be strong.