GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pruning laurels (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/36054-pruning-laurels.html)

chaz 09-07-2003 10:36 PM

pruning laurels

after pruning after the frosts, my laurel, like last year began to produce
new leaves from the woody stems. however these grow well for a while and
then get brown and distorted......anyone know why?

chaz

Mary Fisher 10-07-2003 12:41 AM

pruning laurels

after pruning after the frosts, my laurel, like last year began to produce
new leaves from the woody stems. however these grow well for a while and
then get brown and distorted......anyone know why?

chaz

I wish mine did. I've been trying to get rid of it for years. No matter how
deeply we dig down and pull up all roots it keeps coming back, fresh and
green and pulling out its tongue at us ...

Mary