GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   More slug and snail woes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/36060-more-slug-snail-woes.html)

Lee BARRASS 10-07-2003 12:51 AM

More slug and snail woes

Please help!

I have just been into my garden and removed around 20 slugs and snails from
just two window boxes of lettuces. One half of one of the boxes was eaten
in just 2 nights.

The little bu**ers are also eating my courgettes in the ground - around
these I have a number of beer traps and also some organic stuff that is
supposed to stop slugs and snails in their tracks (its really a box of
broken egg shells!).

What can I do to save the remaining courgettes and lettuces? My garden is
inundated with them and I don't really like using slug pellets as my two
cats are daft enough to eat them.

Many thanks,

Lee.