GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Weeds on lawns and in flower beds. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/36111-weeds-lawns-flower-beds.html)

Chris 10-07-2003 01:20 PM

Weeds on lawns and in flower beds.

Hi all,

I am fairly new to gardening and would like to know if there is a product
that kills weeds without killing the grass and plants at the same time.
I also have bare patches and a problem with moss.
Any advice on how to get rid of and keeping weeds under control, lawn care
etc needed.

Thanks

Chris.

Murf 10-07-2003 04:23 PM

Hi

Use any variety weed and feed with mosskiller, this kills most weeds in lawns but use as instructed it can still kill grass if too much is used. (it seems to speed the weeds on until they die)You will have to direct weedkiller only at weeds in flower garden, use a soil inert type such as weedol or tumbleweed only use on a still day and keep container/spray only for weedkiller.

Regards
murf