GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   loosing runner beans (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/36666-loosing-runner-beans.html)

miklol 15-07-2003 09:59 AM

loosing runner beans

I thought I would get a super crop of runner beans this year, but most of
the flowers have dropped off, and the number of beans left is very poor.
Does anyone know the reason? My french beans have cropped really well in the
same conditions.

shazzbat 15-07-2003 12:33 PM

loosing runner beans

"miklol" wrote in message
I thought I would get a super crop of runner beans this year, but most of
the flowers have dropped off, and the number of beans left is very poor.
Does anyone know the reason? My french beans have cropped really well in

the
same conditions.

Give 'em time and plenty of water.

Steve

redclay 15-07-2003 01:33 PM

loosing runner beans

miklol wrote in message
I thought I would get a super crop of runner beans this year, but most of
the flowers have dropped off, and the number of beans left is very poor.
Does anyone know the reason? My french beans have cropped really well in

the
same conditions.

Pull one of them up and look for root aphids.

The Devil's Advocate 15-07-2003 03:35 PM

loosing runner beans

You want to give them lashings of water and also try and make the air around
the plants moist. I use a trickle hoze on a bit harder than it should be

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk