GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   mildew (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/36667-mildew.html)

Oxymel of Squill 15-07-2003 09:59 AM

mildew

sorry if this is a repost, you can never predict how ntl is going to bugger
up the next posting

I have a mildewy sort of deposit on the leaves of the cucumbers in the
greenhouse, and a whole pile of white powder on the privet (I think it's a
privet - boring old hedge) across the garden.
Anyone know anything about this sort of thing? Is there anything I should do
about it
many thanks
Jon

david 17-07-2003 07:12 PM

mildew

It sounds like what we call "odium" here (NW France). I buy a powder to
treat it. Hits oak, roses, dahlias and so on.
David

Paul Flackett 17-07-2003 11:52 PM

mildew

In message , david
writes
It sounds like what we call "odium" here (NW France). I buy a powder to
treat it. Hits oak, roses, dahlias and so on.
David

"Oxymel of Squill" wrote in message
sorry if this is a repost, you can never predict how ntl is going to

bugger
up the next posting

I have a mildewy sort of deposit on the leaves of the cucumbers in the
greenhouse, and a whole pile of white powder on the privet (I think it's a
privet - boring old hedge) across the garden.
Anyone know anything about this sort of thing? Is there anything I should

do

If it's the same thing, this is the second year running it has ruined my
Clematis viticella when heavily in bud, and is just starting to attack
the sweet peas which are flowering prolifically.

--
Paul Flackett

Remove bra to reply by e-mail.