GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pests on my laurel (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/36676-pests-my-laurel.html)

Gerry Smith 15-07-2003 12:05 PM

Pests on my laurel

I'm growing a few laurel bushes, but noticed two worrying things on
the new growth:

* ants (or something very similar) crawling over them

* evidence that something is munching holes in the new growth. Couple
of tiny caterpillars in view.

Will either affect health of the growth? If so, what remedies are
available?

I suspect that the prob is the caterpillars; and the ants might be
part of the solution.

I also have a long-standing prob with the laurel - new growth
withering. Mildew? Also seemed to affect my apple tree this summer.

Any diagnosis/solutions gratefully accepted.

Thanks, in advance,

Gerry Smith, wilting himself in (Mediterranean) Hertfordshire.

chaz 15-07-2003 07:23 PM

Pests on my laurel

I also have a long-standing prob with the laurel - new growth
withering. Mildew?

i have that problem too!! is it mildew??

chaz

Debvap 05-06-2004 09:21 AM

Pests on my laurel

Quote: