GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Globe Artichokes drying back (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/37900-globe-artichokes-drying-back.html)

The Reid 22-07-2003 11:12 AM

Globe Artichokes drying back

After producing "flowers" they are yellowing and dying back, is this
normal? The ones I put in this year are still green.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso

Mary Fisher 23-07-2003 01:34 AM

"The Reid" wrote in message
After producing "flowers" they are yellowing and dying back, is this
normal? The ones I put in this year are still green.

You didn't actually let them flower?

After I take the harvest they gradually grey and die back but they come
again next year. You can divide them when they're just coming up again.

Mary

The Reid 23-07-2003 11:12 AM

Globe Artichokes drying back

Following up to Mary Fisher

You didn't actually let them flower?

no, but i'm curious enough to let the last one do so.

After I take the harvest they gradually grey and die back but they come
again next year. You can divide them when they're just coming up again.

Good, no prob then.