GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Banned Herbicides && Pesticides : Armillatox (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/38140-re-banned-herbicides-pesticides-armillatox.html)

Paul Kelly 24-07-2003 09:22 AM

Banned Herbicides && Pesticides : Armillatox

"Christopher Norton" wrote in message

So here`s my opinion. They have gone too far with some of the banished
substances.

From the Armillatox web site:

Under European legislation the active ingredients of all pesticides have

to be reviewed, the cost of raising the data for the review is estimated to
be £3 million - to a small company the cost is prohibitive

As current legislation stands it will be illegal for Armillatox to be sold
as a pesticide after 25th July 2003 in European Member States - outside of
Europe it will continue as normal.

We have made representations to the EU and have been supported by our MEP to
look at a reduced package for small companies with niche products such
Armillatox but as the deadline approaches, we have has to reconsider our
position

Therefore as from 25th July 2003, we will re-label Armillatox as 'Armillatox
Soap Based Outdoor Cleaner' so taking it out of the pesticides regulations -
the formulation will remain the same.

pk

Alison 24-07-2003 04:03 PM

"Paul Kelly" wrote in message

"Christopher Norton" wrote in message

So here`s my opinion. They have gone too far with some of the banished
substances.

From the Armillatox web site:

[...]

Oh good - it's the one 'chemical' I do use in the garden to treat black spot
spores over the winter.