Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-07-2003, 03:33 PM
andrewpreece

Default cucumber problem

Having solved my courgette rot problem by moving them out of the greenhouse
as someone on this newsgroup kindly suggested, I wonder if anyone can help
me with a cucumber problem.
I have three "Telegraph Improved" plants all about 5' tall, but only
one has
a cucumber developing. I get plenty of little cucumbers with flowers. but
they
all seem to go yellow and shrivel when only 2" long. The plants are vigorous
but the bottom leaves are a little yellow. The plants are in pots, in
compost. I
diligently remove all the male flowers as they appear, as the packet
instructs.
What bothers me is that I read that the symptoms I have are those of
cucumbers
that have failed to be pollinated, yet this is a frame/greenhouse cucumber,
not
a ridge variety, so pollination is to be avoided, right?

yours, scratching his head,

Andy.