GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   short runner beans (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/38499-short-runner-beans.html)

miklol 27-07-2003 10:13 PM

short runner beans

Why have so many of my runner beans matured with only one or two beans
inside, ie. only growing to 3-4 inches ?
I have grown them in troughs this year and they only have compost depth of
about 9 inches, is this enough?

Michael Berridge 28-07-2003 10:04 PM

short runner beans

miklol wrote in message
Why have so many of my runner beans matured with only one or two beans
inside, ie. only growing to 3-4 inches ?
I have grown them in troughs this year and they only have compost depth

of
about 9 inches, is this enough?

very doubtful, they need a good depth of soil, and many people grow them
in trenches. They also need plenty of water to allow them to develop
into a good size.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk