Old 29-07-2003, 05:05 PM
Thebluenowhere01

Default help please with chilli plants

Hello all

I have two chilli plants (Hungarian hot wax) and I have a problem I need help
with. I like my peppers when they are green, when they are red I find them a
bit harsh. So I picked a pepper from plant 1, and it was excellent hot and not
to harsh. A couple of days later I picked another from the same plant, I chose
one the same size. But this one had no heat at all, it was very similar to a
sweet green pepper in taste. This is the same for both plants, one day they are
nice and hot the next no heat at all.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong please.

Many thanks

Steve

Old 29-07-2003, 06:22 PM
David Rance

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Thebluenowhere01 wrote:

I have two chilli plants (Hungarian hot wax) and I have a problem I need help
with. I like my peppers when they are green, when they are red I find them a
bit harsh. So I picked a pepper from plant 1, and it was excellent hot and not
to harsh. A couple of days later I picked another from the same plant, I chose
one the same size. But this one had no heat at all, it was very similar to a
sweet green pepper in taste. This is the same for both plants, one day they are
nice and hot the next no heat at all.

I don't think it's a question of one day to the next. I've grown chillis
for some years and I've noticed that, even from the same plant, one
chilli may be mild and another hot. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme
or reason.

| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |