Old 29-07-2003, 07:22 PM
cross

Default Kew today - I missed you !

British Rail totally screwed up my schedule today (points failure
somewhere...)
so I arrived an hour late after an interesting bus ride from Hammersmith to
Kew!
However, I had a great time wandering round the gardens, hope you did too.

I hoped I might bump into you all somewhere, but it was not to be :-(

Another time maybe we should exchange mobile numbers beforehand. I hope you
didn't wait too long in the Orangery for me before giving me up for lost, I
am really sorry to have missed you, but the circumstances were out of my
control.

Marina

Old 29-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Bob Hobden

Marina wrote in message
British Rail totally screwed up my schedule today (points failure
somewhere...)
so I arrived an hour late after an interesting bus ride from Hammersmith

Kew!
However, I had a great time wandering round the gardens, hope you did too.

I hoped I might bump into you all somewhere, but it was not to be :-(

Another time maybe we should exchange mobile numbers beforehand. I hope

you
didn't wait too long in the Orangery for me before giving me up for lost,

am really sorry to have missed you, but the circumstances were out of my
control.

We waited until 11am then slowly walked over to the Victoria Gate in case
you were there so we must only just have missed you. Shame. There was only 5
of us but we saw all the glasshouses, well, all except Jim W and Barbara who
fell behind in the rockery, took a wrong turning, and missed the Alpine
House which is always worth a visit with it's refrigerated bench. Luckily
our mobile phones reunited the party in the Waterlily House.
We had lunch at the Pavilion Restaurant, were you there?
Good day, shame we missed you.
Yes, we must exchange mobile phone numbers next time.

Oh, and Jim, please e-mail me the names of those plants you gave me, I knew
I should have written them down. :-)
--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Old 29-07-2003, 08:04 PM
BK

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Marina wrote in message
[...]

It was great to meet you all! Thanks for a great day.

Oh, I checked up, it turns out that Jim was the one who suggested
I bring the iris pseudacorus with me, though now I re-read his
post, I might have been mistaken. Thanks for lugging them around
all day g.

*******
Barbara
Pick out the stones to email me
*******

Old 29-07-2003, 09:33 PM
Jim W

BK wrote:

It was great to meet you all! Thanks for a great day.

Oh, I checked up, it turns out that Jim was the one who suggested
I bring the iris pseudacorus with me, though now I re-read his
post, I might have been mistaken. Thanks for lugging them around
all day g.

It was wasn't it;-)).. I never said *I* wanted any though. I didn't
actually say 'bring them to Kew' I said that it was probably easier to
give or swap them..

Theres a photo of mine at:
http://tinyurl.com/ifgf

Then I happened to mention the Kew meet!-)

Nice to meet you anyway!-))
Jim
Old 29-07-2003, 10:13 PM
BK

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1fyvkhn.9z26fo1yhgl4cN%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
BK wrote:

It was great to meet you all! Thanks for a great day.

Oh, I checked up, it turns out that Jim was the one who suggested
I bring the iris pseudacorus with me, though now I re-read his
post, I might have been mistaken. Thanks for lugging them around
all day g.

It was wasn't it;-)).. I never said *I* wanted any though. I didn't
actually say 'bring them to Kew' I said that it was probably easier to
give or swap them..

Theres a photo of mine at:
http://tinyurl.com/ifgf

Then I happened to mention the Kew meet!-)

Nice to meet you anyway!-))
Jim

Lovely photo Jim. What's the name of the camera you used today?
I can't believe I didn't take a photo of my flowers, but here's a
photo of my tiny garden which shows how tall they became.

http://www.crazycaz.com/pseudacorus.jpg

Nice to meet you too :-)

*******

Old 29-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Jim W

BK wrote:

Lovely photo Jim. What's the name of the camera you used today?
I can't believe I didn't take a photo of my flowers, but here's a
photo of my tiny garden which shows how tall they became.

http://www.crazycaz.com/pseudacorus.jpg

Nice to meet you too :-)

A Nikon Coolpix 4500 which I love since I got it this year.. Its a
serious upgrade to my first digi stills cam which was a L'espion by
Digital Dream.. These are now selling under 20 quid would you believe!-)

//
Jim
Old 29-07-2003, 11:03 PM
cross

Bob Hobden wrote in message

We waited until 11am then slowly walked over to the Victoria Gate in case
you were there so we must only just have missed you. Shame. There was only

5
of us but we saw all the glasshouses, well, all except Jim W and Barbara

who
fell behind in the rockery, took a wrong turning, and missed the Alpine
House which is always worth a visit with it's refrigerated bench. Luckily
our mobile phones reunited the party in the Waterlily House.
We had lunch at the Pavilion Restaurant, were you there?

------
After being packed like sardines into a bus, it was 11.30 before I arrived
at the Victoria Gate and legged it swiftly to the Orangery just in case you
were still in the area. After a reviving cup of coffee I headed for the
Order (veg) beds, as that was the place I thought you might head for
first....... then I had no idea.
I really loved the rock / water gardens too, and "did" all the glasshouses,
and despite the forecast, the weather was good.
I had a picnic lunch in the Duke's Garden, looking out at the Hot Border,
which was stunning. I'm pleased you all had a good day too.

Marina

Old 30-07-2003, 12:06 AM
David Hill

When I have organised similar get togethers in the past, we always had a
back up meeting place at lunchtime or if was an afternoon gathering then a
second meeting place around tea time.
We didn't have mobiles in those days.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 30-07-2003, 01:04 AM
Bob Hobden

"David wrote in message
When I have organised similar get togethers in the past, we always had a
back up meeting place at lunchtime or if was an afternoon gathering then a
second meeting place around tea time.
We didn't have mobiles in those days.

Quite! But with mobiles one gets careless about organising things like that
including knowing each others numbers it seems. :-) Oh well, at least
everyone had a good day and the weather was kind.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.

Old 30-07-2003, 01:13 AM
Bob Hobden

I wrote in message
"David wrote in message
When I have organised similar get togethers in the past, we always had a
back up meeting place at lunchtime or if was an afternoon gathering then

second meeting place around tea time.
We didn't have mobiles in those days.

Quite! But with mobiles one gets careless about organising things like

that
including knowing each others numbers it seems. :-) Oh well, at least
everyone had a good day and the weather was kind.

Forgot to mention, if anyone else is going to Kew this year they have a very
interesting exhibit near the Brentford Gate called the "Field Hospital". It
looks for all the world like a half finished or half wreaked shack but is
well worth a look.
It's about herbal remedies etc., and they want your ones handed down in your
family, they provide the cards to write on too.

Old 30-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Jim W

Bob Hobden wrote:

I wrote in message
"David wrote in message
When I have organised similar get togethers in the past, we always had a
back up meeting place at lunchtime or if was an afternoon gathering then

second meeting place around tea time.
We didn't have mobiles in those days.

Quite! But with mobiles one gets careless about organising things like

that
including knowing each others numbers it seems. :-) Oh well, at least
everyone had a good day and the weather was kind.

Forgot to mention, if anyone else is going to Kew this year they have a very
interesting exhibit near the Brentford Gate called the "Field Hospital". It
looks for all the world like a half finished or half wreaked shack but is
well worth a look.
It's about herbal remedies etc., and they want your ones handed down in your
family, they provide the cards to write on too.

All true commnets! We weren't that organised-)) Still at least it
didn't rain, much!-)

//
Jim