Old 30-07-2003, 02:04 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Leek spacing?

Just started setting out some leeks, about 2,000 of them!

How far apart should I be setting them, I've started putting them about
9 inches apart, but am not sure whether that is to close or too far apart.

Alan

Old 30-07-2003, 05:42 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk

Old 30-07-2003, 05:42 PM
The Devil's Advocate

9 inches is what I space them by, very roughly speaking. I always put a few
in together in some planting holes and sow a few in a part row now (well, a
bit earlier really) as they will not go to seed so early. They only make a
small size but increase the cropping time

Old 02-08-2003, 09:02 PM
vsop

About 6'' gives me good sized plants, right for the pot but not the show
bench.
I always start my seed in cells in the greenhouse rather than set them
outdoors in a nursery bed. I then transplant out in mid-late May so that I
can get a crop starting November thro to April.

StanO.

"

---

Leek surprise Frogleg United Kingdom 5 14-03-2004 12:48 PM
Leek damage Robert United Kingdom 3 17-09-2003 08:23 AM
Leek seedlings? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 5 20-04-2003 11:23 PM
Leek seeds Alan Holmes United Kingdom 0 24-03-2003 03:44 PM
Leek query? Mary Fisher United Kingdom 0 19-10-2002 05:29 PM