Old 05-08-2003, 01:02 PM
anne

Default Oldie but goodie (off topic but not quite)

QUESTION: How many internet newsgroup subscribers does it take to change a
light bulb?

ANSWER: 1,331

1 to change the light bulb and to post on the newsgroup that the light bulb
has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

53 to flame the spell checkers.

156 to write to the newsgroup administrator complaining about the light bulb
discussion and its inappropriateness to this group.

41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.

109 to post that this newsgroup is not about light bulbs and to please take
this discussion to alt.lite.bulb

203 to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar, alt.spelling and
alt.punctuation about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 to defend the posting to this newsgroup saying that we all use light
bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this newsgroup.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy
the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
technique, and what brands are faulty.

27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected
URLs.

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this
newsgroup which makes light bulbs relevant to this newsgroup.

33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them including all headers
and footers, and then add "Me Too."

12 to post to the group that they are unsubscribing because they cannot
handle the light bulb controversy.

19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

1 to propose new alt.change.lite.bulb newsgroup.

47 to say this is just what alt.physic.cold_fusion was meant for, leave it
here.

143 votes for alt.lite.bulb.

Old 05-08-2003, 01:32 PM
David Hill

Sorry love,
but on this group we plant our bulbs not change them, and we don't worry if
they are light or heavy, and a lot of the "Bulbs" are in reality corms.

(But I do like it really)

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 05-08-2003, 02:22 PM
anne

David Hill wrote in message

[snip]

(But I do like it really)

Yes very apt re bulbs is it not! Laddie.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 05-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"anne" writes:
| David Hill wrote in message
|
| (But I do like it really)
|
| Yes very apt re bulbs is it not! Laddie.

Actually, I think that it is a bit cormless.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:02 PM
anne

Nick Maclaren wrote in message

In article ,
"anne" writes:
| David Hill wrote in message
|
| (But I do like it really)
|
| Yes very apt re bulbs is it not! Laddie.

Actually, I think that it is a bit cormless.

hehe, nice one.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 05-08-2003, 05:32 PM
JennyC

"anne" writes:
| David Hill wrote in

message

| (But I do like it really)
|
| Yes very apt re bulbs is it not! Laddie.

Actually, I think that it is a bit cormless.

hehe, nice one.

Blooming cheek..............
jenny

Old 05-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Franz Heymann

"anne" writes:
| David Hill wrote in message
|
| (But I do like it really)
|
| Yes very apt re bulbs is it not! Laddie.

Actually, I think that it is a bit cormless.

If there had been less surreptitious snipping I might have known what it is
that is a bit gormless,

[Franz Heymann]

Old 05-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Essjay001

Franz Heymann wrote:

If there had been less surreptitious snipping I might have known what
it is that is a bit gormless,

I knew!

Steve R
--
"Latest gear:- One piece one button suit extremely comfortable, perfect
for Relaxation, Sports, Hiking, Swimming, a must have" OOPS sorry you

Old 05-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Roy Hunt

"anne" writes:
| David Hill wrote in message
|
| (But I do like it really)
|
| Yes very apt re bulbs is it not! Laddie.

Actually, I think that it is a bit cormless.

If there had been less surreptitious snipping I might have known what it is
that is a bit gormless,

[Franz Heymann]

Do try to keep up with the rest of us Franz!

Regards,
Roy.
--
R. Hunt, Llannor, Pwllheli, Gwynedd, U.K
My wife ran away with my best friend. I sure miss him!
Old 05-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Mike Lyle

"anne" writes:
| David Hill wrote in message
|
| (But I do like it really)
|
| Yes very apt re bulbs is it not! Laddie.

Actually, I think that it is a bit cormless.

hehe, nice one.

Yes, we're all rooting for him.

Mike.

Old 06-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Mike Lyle

Roy Hunt wrote in message ...
[...]
Do try to keep up with the rest of us Franz!

Regards,
Roy.

I think the pace is too punishing for him.

R. Hunt, Llannor, Pwllheli, Gwynedd, U.K
My wife ran away with my best friend. I sure miss him!

(Well, if we're going to do C&W, my own favourite is "Ah wouldn' take
you to a dog-fight, even if ah thought you could win".)

Mike.

ok, not quite on topic songbird[_2_] Edible Gardening 4 22-10-2011 05:07 PM
oldie but goody Frank Lawns 0 16-05-2011 12:40 PM
Off Topic but ....Out in the sun or not Bill who putters Gardening 8 07-07-2009 12:37 PM
Lc.Schilleriana - oldie but goodie! tenman Orchid Photos 1 30-04-2008 09:01 PM
Oldie but goodie K Barrett Orchid Photos 2 08-09-2007 08:02 PM