GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Large Flowered Eryngium (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/39477-large-flowered-eryngium.html)

mbb 05-08-2003 09:02 PM

Large Flowered Eryngium

Can anyone recommend an Eryngium with large flowers, preferably Blue/Grey in
colour? I have a nice bunch in the garden this summer, flowers about the
sixe of a rasberry, but my Chief Gardener feels that larger flowers would
have more impact,,,,,,,,,,,

regards, mbb

Paul Flackett 09-08-2003 02:14 AM

Large Flowered Eryngium

In message , mbb
writes

Can anyone recommend an Eryngium with large flowers, preferably Blue/Grey in
colour? I have a nice bunch in the garden this summer, flowers about the
sixe of a rasberry, but my Chief Gardener feels that larger flowers would
have more impact,,,,,,,,,,,

Not sure whether this "raspberry" refers just to the central dome of the
flower or the whole structure but my 2 favourites are bigger in either
case: oliverianum and zabelii. Both have beautiful intense metallic blue
flowers on stems 18" to 24" high.
--
Paul Flackett

Remove bra to reply by e-mail.