Old 07-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Registered User

Location: Birmingham, UK

Gnomes are small chaps that spend most of their days in the garden: fishing, shifting wheelbarrows of manure, but always smiling. Now and again they escort students on 'round the world trips, having their photos taken in spectacular locations and then the photo being sent back to their guardians.

Some of you may know someone that has inadvertantly adopted a gnome spirit. This is by no means a bad thing, though you should avoid adopting the less benevolant spirits, bad demons, trolls, sprites, orcs...

Elves are nice.

Sorry, what was this thread about again?
Old 07-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Christopher Norton

Default Gardening - test

The message
from "anne" contains these words:

Are gnomes related to trolls?

Good heavens no. Gnomes are much closer to the pixie than the Troll. The
troll is a subspecies of Giant that nature made very ugly which annoyed
them to the point of nastiness.

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use
Old 07-08-2003, 02:42 PM
anne

Franz Heymann wrote in message

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

[snip]

Sorry Franz my mistake, I have started to bottom post recently but forgot in
this particular instance. By the way, do you realise that you cross posted
your reply to no less than seven newsgroups? Tut tut.

Old 07-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Franz Heymann

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are being.

Not nearly as boring as seeing continued top posting.
If you think it boring to remind others of good manners, then so be it.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

I bet you did not plonk me.

[Franz Heymann]

Old 07-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Franz Heymann

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

[snip]

Sorry Franz my mistake,

You are forgiven. My memory is even ropier than yours.

I have started to bottom post recently but forgot in
this particular instance. By the way, do you realise that you cross posted
your reply to no less than seven newsgroups? Tut tut.

I promise you that I did nothing to cause that top posting. If you look at
the birth of the thread, you will notice that it was the initiator, RR, who
did it. Most of the subsequent correspondents like me, and, of course you
as well (twice on 07/08, tut,tut) just continued without looking at the
crossposting list.
The trouble with *not* following on with crossposting after an initially
crossposted note is that you don't know which of the ng's the oribinator
actually reads. As sure as I am sitting here, he/she does *not* read all
the ng's to which he/she has crossposted. However, I agree entirely with
you that it is a lousy habit.

[Franz Heymann]

Old 07-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Shiva

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are being.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

Now wasn't that fun? Frank vented, you vented, and then you got to
advertize loudly that you have "plonked" him. I think you should thank
Frank.

Let me guess ...

*PLONK*

:-)

Old 07-08-2003, 05:32 PM
anne

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

[snip]

Sorry Franz my mistake,

You are forgiven. My memory is even ropier than yours.

Excellent, we'll be shaking hands next.

[...]

Yes, I'm guilty again I'm afraid re "(twice on 07/08, tut,tut)" and to be
honest I would have continued cross posting, but I didn't because I wanted
to point out that you had committed a terrible sin and I would have looked
silly if I had committed the same sin in my post that was pointing this out.

I agree that not cross posting after a cross post could lead to people in
the other newsgroups missing out, but in this case I'm here and you're here
and you made your complaint to me only. Therefore, I thought your cross
posting wasn't necessary and it was fun pointing this out. Hope this makes
sense :-)

Old 07-08-2003, 05:32 PM
anne

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are being.

Not nearly as boring as seeing continued top posting.
If you think it boring to remind others of good manners, then so be it.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

I bet you did not plonk me.

[Franz Heymann]

Perhaps she's gone for a drink?

Old 07-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Franz Heymann

s.com...

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are being.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

[snip]

Now wasn't that fun? Frank vented, you vented, and then you got to
advertize loudly that you have "plonked" him. I think you should thank
Frank.

Who is this Frank of which you speak?

[Franz Heymann]

Old 07-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Ophelia

s.com...

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are being.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

Now wasn't that fun? Frank vented, you vented, and then you got to
advertize loudly that you have "plonked" him. I think you should thank
Frank.

Let me guess ...

*PLONK*

:-)

Gosh what fun

*PLONK*

Old 07-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Shiva

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:46:20 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

ws.com...

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are being.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

[snip]

Now wasn't that fun? Frank vented, you vented, and then you got to
advertize loudly that you have "plonked" him. I think you should thank
Frank.

Who is this Frank of which you speak?

[Franz Heymann]

Sorry Franz! I failed speedreading but I just keep *trying.*

Old 07-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Ophelia

"Shiva" wrote in message
s.com...
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:46:20 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

ws.com...

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are

being.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

[snip]

Now wasn't that fun? Frank vented, you vented, and then you got to
advertize loudly that you have "plonked" him. I think you should thank
Frank.

Who is this Frank of which you speak?

[Franz Heymann]

Sorry Franz! I failed speedreading but I just keep *trying.*

LOL very!

Old 08-08-2003, 12:48 AM
Franz Heymann

"Shiva" wrote in message
s.com...
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:46:20 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

ws.com...

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are

being.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

[snip]

Now wasn't that fun? Frank vented, you vented, and then you got to
advertize loudly that you have "plonked" him. I think you should thank
Frank.

Who is this Frank of which you speak?

[Franz Heymann]

Sorry Franz! I failed speedreading but I just keep *trying.*

No need to be sorry. :-))

[Franz Heymann]