GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   It's south facing - not north (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/39746-its-south-facing-not-north.html)

jayjay[_1_] 07-08-2003 11:08 PM

It's south facing - not north

When I stand at the back door, I'm looking north, so the fence at the bottom is looking SOUTH, isn't it - sorry about that..... so what can I plant on a south facing fence please - clematis, ivy ?

Nick Maclaren 08-08-2003 06:15 PM

It's south facing - not north

In article m,
jayjay writes:
| When I stand at the back door, I'm looking north, so the fence at the
| bottom is looking SOUTH, isn't it - sorry about that..... so what
| can I plant on a south facing fence please - clematis, ivy ?

Lots of things :-)

Where are you? Campsis x tagliguana "Mme Galen" will give a
southern European appearance in summer, and is tougher than is
commonly thought. But there are lots of other suitable plants,
including many honeysuckles, some clematis, some jasmines and
so on.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

jayjay[_1_] 08-08-2003 10:13 PM