GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   thank you (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/39821-thank-you.html)

jayjay[_1_] 08-08-2003 10:19 PM

thank you

Im new to this 'urg' forum but I'd like to say, thank you for the suggestions about what to grow up my fence - I'm right not to do anything while this hot weather's on, aren't I? Is it ok just to sit in the shade and fantasise?

Franz Heymann 09-08-2003 09:04 AM

thank you

"jayjay" wrote in message
Im new to this 'urg' forum but I'd like to say, thank you for the
suggestions about what to grow up my fence - I'm right not to do
anything while this hot weather's on, aren't I? Is it ok just to sit
in the shade and fantasise?

That is what *real* gardening is about. In my mind's eye, my garden is a
great deal more beautiful than this weed ridden dump I see before me.

[Franz Heymann]

Mike 09-08-2003 11:14 AM

thank you

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"jayjay" wrote in message
news:b97a31b502a13d196f7b386b34243145@TeraNews. ..
Im new to this 'urg' forum but I'd like to say, thank you for the
suggestions about what to grow up my fence - I'm right not to do
anything while this hot weather's on, aren't I? Is it ok just to sit
in the shade and fantasise?

That is what *real* gardening is about. In my mind's eye, my garden is a
great deal more beautiful than this weed ridden dump I see before me.

The 'pictures' I form as I read a book are nearly always better than the
film ;-)

Mike

Speak not always of what you think, but think always of what you
speak.

K 09-08-2003 11:14 AM

thank you

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "jayjay" wrote in message
: news:b97a31b502a13d196f7b386b34243145@TeraNews...
: Im new to this 'urg' forum but I'd like to say, thank you for the
: suggestions about what to grow up my fence - I'm right not to do
: anything while this hot weather's on, aren't I? Is it ok just to sit
: in the shade and fantasise?
:
: That is what *real* gardening is about. In my mind's eye, my garden is a
: great deal more beautiful than this weed ridden dump I see before me.
:
: [Franz Heymann]
:
As my neighbour and I agreed last night, our gardens look fine from a
distance but close up scrutiny is best avoided :O(

Franz Heymann 09-08-2003 11:14 AM

thank you

: "jayjay" wrote in message
: news:b97a31b502a13d196f7b386b34243145@TeraNews...
: Im new to this 'urg' forum but I'd like to say, thank you for the
: suggestions about what to grow up my fence - I'm right not to do
: anything while this hot weather's on, aren't I? Is it ok just to sit
: in the shade and fantasise?
:
: That is what *real* gardening is about. In my mind's eye, my garden is

: great deal more beautiful than this weed ridden dump I see before me.
:
: [Franz Heymann]
:
As my neighbour and I agreed last night, our gardens look fine from a
distance but close up scrutiny is best avoided :O(

My neighbour and I have full views of each other's gardens. He thinks mine
is wonderful and I think his is wonderful. Each of us continually
apologises to the other for the awful states of our own gardens.

[Franz Heymann]

JennyC 09-08-2003 03:03 PM

thank you

--