GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   White Fur on Laurel? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/39849-white-fur-laurel.html)

Simon 09-08-2003 11:14 AM

White Fur on Laurel?

Hi,
Hope someone can help.

One of my Laurels has white fur (fungi?) on it leaves.
What is it?
Do I need to worry?
How can I fix/prevent it?

Thanks, Simon.

nospam 09-08-2003 04:23 PM

White Fur on Laurel?

I have the same (see "sick Laurel" 20/7/03 below).
Does it look anything like this? http://ucosm.tripod.com/photos/laurel.jpg
I think that it MIGHT be powdery mildew - but laurel isn't mentioned as one
of the affected bushes from what I've read about it.
Sue

Simon 09-08-2003 04:43 PM

White Fur on Laurel?

Yes, the picture is exactly the same.
Actually looks like frost.

Do I need to worry about it spreading?
It is only on one bush.

Hope some green fingered expert can help please.