Old 09-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Matt

Default We had a look and we thought they looked cr*p.

Maybe they are ok but we just looked in B&Q and our opinion was - "not long
for this world" The plastic casings are so thin! They look like they should
be classed as disposable - oh I suppose they are ;-)

We're gonna get the McCulloch petrol from Argos for £89.99, probably just as
flimsy but we'll see how it goes.

Matt

"Matt" wrote in message
I need a new mower and I am tempted by a Flymo Compact Hover one of the

ones
around £70-80. Thing is having researched on Google groups it seems many
people are unimpressed. So does anyone here have one? and if so are they

ok?

Cheers

Matt

---

---

Old 09-08-2003, 10:13 PM
ned

Matt wrote:
Maybe they are ok but we just looked in B&Q and our opinion was -
"not long for this world" The plastic casings are so thin! They look
like they should be classed as disposable - oh I suppose they are

;-)

............ Oh ye of little faith. ;-)

We're gonna get the McCulloch petrol from Argos for £89.99, probably
just as flimsy but we'll see how it goes.

If you can start it (and not pull a muscle in the process) it will
probably go "Brrrrrm, brmm, brmm, .........." ;-)

--
ned

Old 13-08-2003, 09:35 AM
Alastair J. Smith

"Matt" wrote in message
Maybe they are ok but we just looked in B&Q and our opinion was - "not

long
for this world" The plastic casings are so thin! They look like they

should
be classed as disposable - oh I suppose they are ;-)

We're gonna get the McCulloch petrol from Argos for £89.99, probably just

as
flimsy but we'll see how it goes.

McCulloch as made by Electrolux Group, by coincidence also makers of Flymo.

Old 13-08-2003, 07:43 PM
Matt

"Alastair J. Smith" wrote in message

McCulloch as made by Electrolux Group, by coincidence also makers of

Flymo.

Yes as we found out when we opened the box :-)

So far the thing seems ok, runs ok, cuts ok.

The plastic body is thicker than the Flymo and made of that waxy softer
plastic rather than the shiny hard brittle type used on the Flymos. I will
write a mini review when I've used it a few times.

Matt

---