Old 13-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Broiled Urglers for Dinner? Or Baked?

Just a word of commiseration to those urglers resident in the UK
and environs: Your current heatwave made the newspaper headlines
here.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Old 13-08-2003, 10:12 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Thank you it has been awful heat but at least it's not as bad as they've had
in Europe

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk

Old 13-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Rodger Whitlock wrote:
Just a word of commiseration to those urglers resident in the UK
and environs: Your current heatwave made the newspaper headlines
here.

Commiseration? It has been WONDERFUL! I have been seizing the
opportunity to relay some paving slabs :-)

Perhaps a trifle sticky, but definitely the sort of warmth I like.
And so do my chillis ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 14-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Janet Baraclough writes:

| Commiseration? It has been WONDERFUL! I have been seizing the
| opportunity to relay some paving slabs :-)
|
| Perhaps a trifle sticky, but definitely the sort of warmth I like.
|
| LOL. "Nick will enjoy it" crossed my mind daily whenever the hot spell
| is bemoaned on the radio. How hot has it been in Cambridge?

High eighties to mid nineties (thirty to thirty five for those
under that age).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 15-08-2003, 12:12 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On 13 Aug 2003 20:14:56 GMT, Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article ,
Rodger Whitlock wrote:
Just a word of commiseration to those urglers resident in the UK
and environs: Your current heatwave made the newspaper headlines
here.

Commiseration? It has been WONDERFUL! I have been seizing the
opportunity to relay some paving slabs :-)

Perhaps a trifle sticky, but definitely the sort of warmth I like.
And so do my chillis ....

I really can't disagree with you. I drove down to the San
Francisco Bay area in late June when they were having a heat wave
there -- temperatures in Walnut Creek, where I was staying, were
between 95F and 100F in the shade. What a delight to get warm
right down to one's bones! And it was a nice, dry heat, too, so
very tolerable as long as one wore a hat and sunglasses.

Driving through Redding, California, at the very top of
California's Central Valley, I encountered temperatures around
105F. Hot country!

Old 15-08-2003, 12:12 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Rodger Whitlock wrote:
[...]

My home made "Baked" Beans! Gaye Boi United Kingdom 1 22-07-2009 08:54 PM
ground looks baked...but nowhere near dry. DigitalVinyl Gardening 0 12-03-2006 06:02 PM
"baked" akadama Italian Bonsai 8 29-11-2004 12:47 PM
"baked" akadama Italian Bonsai 0 29-11-2004 07:27 AM
URGLers in Wales... (Ferryside, Carmarthenshire) Jim W United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 09:31 AM