Old 17-08-2003, 01:03 PM
Natalie

Default Great Dixter Mystery

Is this what I think it is???

http://www.geocities.com/still_natalie/mypage.html

Had a great afternoon at Christopher Lloyds garden. Managed to come away
with only one new plant Cyperus vegetus which was all over the gardens.
Also bought one of his books which was pre-signed.:-)

Natalie

Old 17-08-2003, 01:03 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Looks like it to me, making rope are we?

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk
"Natalie" wrote in message
: Is this what I think it is???
:

Old 17-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Natalie

"
Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk
"Natalie" wrote in message
: Is this what I think it is???
:
: http://www.geocities.com/still_natalie/mypage.html
:
:

Looks like it to me, making rope are we?

Not me...but Christopher Lloyd might be ;-)

Natalie

Old 17-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Bob Hobden

"Natalie" wrote in message
Is this what I think it is???

http://www.geocities.com/still_natalie/mypage.html

Perhaps he chucks some on when they have a bonfire to make it smell nice, ah
those summer nights in the W.Indies. :-)

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.

Old 17-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Mike Lyle

"Natalie" wrote in message ...
"
Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk
"Natalie" wrote in message
: Is this what I think it is???
:
: http://www.geocities.com/still_natalie/mypage.html
:
:

Looks like it to me, making rope are we?

Not me...but Christopher Lloyd might be ;-)

I say, what a spliffing picture!

Mike.

Old 17-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Jim W

Natalie wrote:

Is this what I think it is???

http://www.geocities.com/still_natalie/mypage.html

Had a great afternoon at Christopher Lloyds garden. Managed to come away
with only one new plant Cyperus vegetus which was all over the gardens.
Also bought one of his books which was pre-signed.:-)

Looks a bit thin but could be! Probably wants a bit O string!-) If
its hemp as opposed to a cultivar grown for its narcotic purposes then
what the hey!-) Nice leaf shape;-)
//
Jim
Old 19-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:57:36 +0100, "Natalie"
wrote:

Is this what I think it is???

http://www.geocities.com/still_natalie/mypage.html

Those of you who saw that marvellous GW about allotments on Friday
last will correct me if I mis-heard but didn't they say that growing
Cannabis etc etc (& that's what I think it is!) can result in 5 years
in jail.
I can remember (30 odd years ago) when it was grown as a dot plant in
Bristol City Council bedding and the seed was available in Dobies
catalogue. I grew some one year but had no idea of what to do with it
otherwise!

Perhaps Christo feeds wild birds! That would be my excuse!

Pam in Bristol
Old 19-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Jim W

wrote:

Is this what I think it is???

http://www.geocities.com/still_natalie/mypage.html

Those of you who saw that marvellous GW about allotments on Friday
last will correct me if I mis-heard but didn't they say that growing
Cannabis etc etc (& that's what I think it is!) can result in 5 years
in jail.
I can remember (30 odd years ago) when it was grown as a dot plant in
Bristol City Council bedding and the seed was available in Dobies
catalogue. I grew some one year but had no idea of what to do with it
otherwise!

Perhaps Christo feeds wild birds! That would be my excuse!

Cmon folks.. lets get this straight.. Cannabis is illegal.. Hemp is
not.. Yes its the same plant (Genus and species) but properly grown for
hemp its nigh on impossible to get stoned on.. It doesn't have enough of
the active ingredient.. Seed is not illegal.

Plants have to be proved that you are growing them for 'production or
processing' IIRC. 'Possession' is illegal which is why the allotments
officer had to hand them into the police. If he'd just left them there
then he wouldn't have had the same problem, eg he wouldn't have been 'in
possession'.. I would suspect that as a 'council officer' and on TV he
probably did the 'right' thing tho;-) Hehe.
I am surprised that the Horticultural Officer from Bristol council
didn't point out the 2 different uses of this plant.

As for the 'fast response team' quip.. Is it me or could I hear a lot
of laughter in Monty's tone when he said that! LOL...

Probably just a bit of stray birdseed anyway!-) Suits Christo's sense
of humour if you ask me....
//
Jim