GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Vegetable Spaghetti (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/40836-vegetable-spaghetti.html)

Steve Harris 19-08-2003 12:42 PM

Vegetable Spaghetti

I have 2 Vegetable Spaghetti plants "Tivoli" which is supposed to be a
F1 hybrid.

#1 has grown 2 green and yellow traditional-looking marrows. One is much
too large for any domestic saucepan

#2. Has grown 2 pale yellow things like on the packet. They're smaller.

There was some discussion here a few years back that yellow=ripe but #2
was just a seed 2 months ago?

Any experienced VS growers out there care to comment?

Rusty Hinge 22-08-2003 07:02 PM

Vegetable Spaghetti

The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:

#1 has grown 2 green and yellow traditional-looking marrows. One is much
too large for any domestic saucepan

Ripe marrows have a tendency to spaghettiness, so you may be lucky with
the wrong 'un.

#2. Has grown 2 pale yellow things like on the packet. They're smaller.

Last time I grew them, in the late 'sixties or early seventies, the ripe
fruits were about the size of an average honedew melon.

--
Rusty
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to