Old 21-08-2003, 07:02 PM

Default Unidentifiable wild plant - Help - plant.jpg (0/1)

Help sought on identifing the attached wild plant.

pinky/lilac coloured flowers, very sprawling stems that easily root,
stem is square in cross section, seeds are in a 4 off nutlet.
Plant head very very spiney with bristley stem.
Old 22-08-2003, 07:13 AM
Kay Easton

In article , aa ka
writes
Help sought on identifing the attached wild plant.

pinky/lilac coloured flowers, very sprawling stems that easily root,
stem is square in cross section, seeds are in a 4 off nutlet.
Plant head very very spiney with bristley stem.

Square stem means probably a labiate - ie dead nettle, ground ivy, self
heal family.

Your pic has been stripped off by my ISP since this is a non-binary
group (ie no pics) - if you were to mount it on a web site somewhere,
we'd be able to see it and attempt to identify it.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 22-08-2003, 07:15 AM
Franz Heymann

"aa ka" wrote in message
Help sought on identifing the attached wild plant.

pinky/lilac coloured flowers, very sprawling stems that easily root,
stem is square in cross section, seeds are in a 4 off nutlet.
Plant head very very spiney with bristley stem.

What do you mean by an attached wild plant? Newsgroups are text-only
activities, and the servers strip off attachments.

Franz

Old 22-08-2003, 07:16 AM
Bob Hobden

"aa ka" wrote in message ...
Help sought on identifing the attached wild plant.

pinky/lilac coloured flowers, very sprawling stems that easily root,
stem is square in cross section, seeds are in a 4 off nutlet.
Plant head very very spiney with bristley stem.

Put your picture on "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" then we could see it.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.