Old 21-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Jim W

Default Unidentifiable wild plant - Help - plant.jpg (1/1)

Looks like a labiataea or Mint family...

Not that that narrows it down much.. I feel I ought to know this one and
that its quite common but for some reason this photo isn't clicking with
anything in my brain right now!-)

Binaries (eg images aren't encouraged on this group)
To get an ID you should put your image on one of the widely available
online webspaces or photoalbums then post a link
//

Jim

A large binary post!

Old 22-08-2003, 07:15 AM
Franz Heymann

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g021ff.1iv97ht1czt443N%00senetnospamtodayta@ macunlimited.net...
Looks like a labiataea or Mint family...

What are you talking about? I see neither headers nor context.

[snip]

Franz

Old 22-08-2003, 07:15 AM
Franz Heymann

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g021ff.1iv97ht1czt443N%00senetnospamtodayta@ macunlimited.net...
Looks like a labiataea or Mint family...

Not that that narrows it down much.. I feel I ought to know this one and
that its quite common but for some reason this photo isn't clicking with
anything in my brain right now!-)

Binaries (eg images aren't encouraged on this group)

That's putting it mildly.
They are forbidden.

[snip]

Franz

Old 22-08-2003, 07:15 AM
Franz Heymann

"aa ka" wrote in message

Refrain from sending attachments here. This is a text-only newsgroup.

Franz

Old 22-08-2003, 07:15 AM
Jim W

Franz Heymann wrote:

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g021ff.1iv97ht1czt443N%00senetnospamtodayta@ macunlimited.net...
Looks like a labiataea or Mint family...

What are you talking about? I see neither headers nor context.

[snip]

Franz

Franz..

the headers are unecessary as it was just an encoded file.
The context you can get from the Subject. alone
Unidentifiable wild plant - Help - plant.jpg (1/1)

Plant.jp means its a JPEG file format.
(1/1) means its part 1 of 1 part (you can have multipart files eg 1/5,
2/5 etc... these are seen frequently in binary groups. Which as you
pointed out URG is not;-)

I edited the binary completly to save requoting the 3102 lines of that
first post!-)

Your newsreader, OE, may display the OP and its headers differently from
mine.
//
Jim

Old 22-08-2003, 07:16 AM
Kay Easton

In article 1g027s3.ibw10d10kqlqqN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net
, Jim W writes

the headers are unecessary as it was just an encoded file.
The context you can get from the Subject. alone
Unidentifiable wild plant - Help - plant.jpg (1/1)

Plant.jp means its a JPEG file format.
(1/1) means its part 1 of 1 part (you can have multipart files eg 1/5,
2/5 etc... these are seen frequently in binary groups. Which as you
pointed out URG is not;-)

I edited the binary completly to save requoting the 3102 lines of that
first post!-)

Your newsreader, OE, may display the OP and its headers differently from
mine.

It's not the newsreader, it's the ISP.

Demon strips off the jpegs completely, so that they are not posted to
any non-binary ng. It would appear Franz's ISP does the same.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 22-08-2003, 07:16 AM
martin

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:34:36 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

It's not the newsreader, it's the ISP.

Demon strips off the jpegs completely, so that they are not posted to
any non-binary ng. It would appear Franz's ISP does the same.

and mine or the one that fed mine.. Did anybody see the attachment?
--
Martin
Old 22-08-2003, 07:16 AM
Stephen Howard

wrote:

It's not the newsreader, it's the ISP.

Demon strips off the jpegs completely, so that they are not posted to
any non-binary ng. It would appear Franz's ISP does the same.

and mine or the one that fed mine.. Did anybody see the attachment?

Turned up on my server ( claranet ) as a separate post ( the text post
was part 0/1, the binary part 1/1 ). I read the text part.

I'm disappointed that, so far, no-one's 'quoted' the binary and added
"Don't post binaries here"

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 22-08-2003, 07:16 AM
Franz Heymann

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article 1g027s3.ibw10d10kqlqqN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net
, Jim W writes

the headers are unecessary as it was just an encoded file.
The context you can get from the Subject. alone
Unidentifiable wild plant - Help - plant.jpg (1/1)

Plant.jp means its a JPEG file format.
(1/1) means its part 1 of 1 part (you can have multipart files eg 1/5,
2/5 etc... these are seen frequently in binary groups. Which as you
pointed out URG is not;-)

I edited the binary completly to save requoting the 3102 lines of that
first post!-)

Your newsreader, OE, may display the OP and its headers differently from
mine.

It's not the newsreader, it's the ISP.

Demon strips off the jpegs completely, so that they are not posted to
any non-binary ng. It would appear Franz's ISP does the same.

For which I am truly thankful, as my understanding is that unsolicited
attachments are the favourite mode of travel of virii and the like.

Franz

Old 22-08-2003, 07:16 AM
Kay Easton

In article , martin
writes
wrote:

It's not the newsreader, it's the ISP.

Demon strips off the jpegs completely, so that they are not posted to
any non-binary ng. It would appear Franz's ISP does the same.

and mine or the one that fed mine.. Did anybody see the attachment?

Jim did! ;-)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: