GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sh*teHawk Moth (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/41088-sh%2Atehawk-moth.html)

andrewpreece 22-08-2003 06:17 AM

Sh*teHawk Moth

Tonight I pootled down to the bottom of my garden, with only a
garden flare for light ( batteries have run out in the torch ), in my
ongoing battle with critters eating my French Beans.
As I turned over the bean leaves in the light of the flare,
looking for whatever is chewing them, I was squirted twice, as if
by a water pistol, once on the arm, once on the side of the face.
Somewhat perturbed by something having a go at me in the dark
in the spooky depths of my garden I grabbed the flare, stood up and
looked around, only to see a large ( 4-5") moth hovering 6 feet away,
facing straight at me.
Any Lepidopterists out there who can explain to me why this
cheeky beggar p***ed all over me??? Such a lot of pee for such a
relatively small creature too........

Andy