GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT? fungi in catcus display (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/41156-ot-fungi-catcus-display.html)

chaz 23-08-2003 01:32 AM

OT? fungi in catcus display

I have a bright yellow fungus, tall slim with a cap, that keeps appearing in
my inside cactus display, anyone know how I can identify it?

chaz

ned 23-08-2003 02:04 AM

OT? fungi in catcus display

chaz wrote:
I have a bright yellow fungus, tall slim with a cap, that keeps
appearing in my inside cactus display, anyone know how I can

identify
it?

Your local Wildlife Trust will have a mushroom expert..
Publish a photograph?
Do a Google image search for yellow mushrooms.

Are you growing your cactus in leaf litter?
Fungi thrive in moist conditions, cacti in dry(ish). Somethings not
right.

--
ned

Rusty Hinge 23-08-2003 04:23 AM

OT? fungi in catcus display

The message
from "chaz" contains these words:

I have a bright yellow fungus, tall slim with a cap, that keeps appearing in
my inside cactus display, anyone know how I can identify it?

Gis a jpeg....

Please note, don't just hit the reply button, address in sig.

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to

chaz 23-08-2003 10:12 AM

OT? fungi in catcus display

Fungi thrive in moist conditions, cacti in dry(ish). Somethings not
right.

yeah its hardly watered, but when I do a 3 inch fungi appears the same day!

request for a jpg, its a while since I watered them, so the fungi
doesn't looks its best!! lol