GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   It's a good year for maggots! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/41434-its-good-year-maggots.html)

Alan Holmes 26-08-2003 08:32 PM

It's a good year for maggots!

Apart from the lack of water which has resulted in the apples being rather
poor this
year, a lot of them seem to have maggots in as well!

Which means that as well as getting a poor crop as very small apples, I'm
losing a
lot from the damned maggots as well!

What can I do to stop the damned things next year?

Alan

martin 26-08-2003 08:42 PM

It's a good year for maggots!

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:45:13 +0100, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

Apart from the lack of water which has resulted in the apples being rather
poor this
year, a lot of them seem to have maggots in as well!

Which means that as well as getting a poor crop as very small apples, I'm
losing a
lot from the damned maggots as well!

What can I do to stop the damned things next year?

take up fishing? :-)
--
Martin