GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yellow on bean leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/41483-yellow-bean-leaves.html)

Steve Harris 27-08-2003 04:22 PM

Yellow on bean leaves

I have some runner beans and french beans with what looks like a bright
yellow dusting on the leaves. This grows and eventually goes brown
killing most of the leaf. The veins are the last bit to go.

The beans were planted at the correct time. Some other beans planted a
month later show no symptoms yet - they have only just come into
production. The problem stuck the other plants about 2/3rds of the way
through production.

The seeds were NOT soaked prior to planting. The yellow is not
surrounded by brown so I don't think it is halo blight.

Anyone know what it is?

Thanks!

anna 27-08-2003 05:22 PM

Yellow on bean leaves

I don't knwo the answer but was wondering if it was the same thing I got.
My leaves alos went yellow, starting at the bottom of the stem and working
their way up, and limp and dead looking, but meanhwile the top was still
flowering away (though thats given up now). The stem hasn't gone brown, is
still green. And I did water them because to start with it looked like they
were just drying out.

?!

anna