GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Beth Chatto Garden? Refreshments any good? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/41613-beth-chatto-garden-refreshments-any-good.html)

Jim W 29-08-2003 10:22 AM

Beth Chatto Garden? Refreshments any good?

OK Slighly OT mebbe!-) Just a query.. I know that there's a tearoom and
picnic area at Beth Chatto's Garden..

Anyone care to comment on the food etc? Quality, service?? Homemade, or
catering co? Or is taking your own a better bet?

Promptish replies appreciated as I'm off there tomorrow!-)

Cheers
//
Jim

Natalie 29-08-2003 01:12 PM

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g0g7c7.1xdpp3u1h4h181N%00senetnospamtodayta@ macunlimited.net...
OK Slighly OT mebbe!-) Just a query.. I know that there's a tearoom and
picnic area at Beth Chatto's Garden..

Anyone care to comment on the food etc? Quality, service?? Homemade, or
catering co? Or is taking your own a better bet?

Promptish replies appreciated as I'm off there tomorrow!-)

Cheers
//
Jim

The refreshments area is a quite small pleasant conservatory, there is.not
much choice...but adequate. From what I can remember, there are sandwiches
and homemade cakes. It is definitely not run by a catering company and the
service is OK.

We didn't bother with taking our own and managed quite well with what was
provided.

HTH

Natalie

Jim W 29-08-2003 10:22 PM

Natalie wrote:

"Jim W" wrote in message
[...]

Thansk for that!-)

//
Jim

Natalie 30-08-2003 08:45 AM

Beth Chatto Garden? Refreshments any good?

Thansk for that!-)

//
Jim

You are very welcome ;-) Forgot to say, have a good day! We have clear
blue sky and sunshine here at the moment, lets hope it follows you. Let us
know what plants you buy, as I know you won't be able to resist the
nursery...it's VERY good!

Natalie