GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Early Purple Sprouting Broccoli (Very) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/41804-early-purple-sprouting-broccoli-very.html)

Steve Harris 31-08-2003 08:42 PM

Early Purple Sprouting Broccoli (Very)

Er, it's sprouting already!

And my Mino Early Radishes are 1" diameter x 4" long and that's just the
above ground part of the root!

What am I doing wrong? :-)

The Devil's Advocate 01-09-2003 06:36 AM

Early Purple Sprouting Broccoli (Very)

Steve Harris wrote:
: Er, it's sprouting already!
:
: And my Mino Early Radishes are 1" diameter x 4" long and that's just
: the above ground part of the root!
:
: What am I doing wrong? :-)
:
: Steve Harris - Cheltenham - Real address steve AT netservs DOT com

It's just the way they get affected by the weather sometimes. Cut the
sprouting bits off the purple and it should go back to normal

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk

Steve Harris 01-09-2003 10:32 AM

Early Purple Sprouting Broccoli (Very)

In article ,
(The Devil's Advocate) wrote:

Cut the
sprouting bits off the purple and it should go back to normal

There's not enough for a meal yet! :-) Seriously, if there was a
reliable way to produce out of season purple sprouting, I could be rich!

Mike Lyle 01-09-2003 05:22 PM

(Steve Harris) wrote in message ...
Er, it's sprouting already!

And my Mino Early Radishes are 1" diameter x 4" long and that's just the
above ground part of the root!

What am I doing wrong? :-)

I think what you're doing wrong is probably living through a
heat-wave! Assuming the plants didn't go in too early, I suppose your
broccoli thinks it's going to die, and is trying to flower first. As
for the radishes, maybe you're just too damn good at it.

Mike.