GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Short, Fat Sweetcorn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/41815-short-fat-sweetcorn.html)

Janice 31-08-2003 10:12 PM

Short, Fat Sweetcorn

My first attempt at growing sweetcorn has resulted in cobs that are very
short and squat (although quite fat). Some of the cobs seem to be ready to
harvest because the silks have turned brown and the juice is milky. Why are
the cobs small? What have I done wrong?

The Devil's Advocate 01-09-2003 06:37 AM

Short, Fat Sweetcorn

Janice wrote:
: My first attempt at growing sweetcorn has resulted in cobs that are
: very short and squat (although quite fat). Some of the cobs seem to
: be ready to harvest because the silks have turned brown and the juice
: is milky. Why are the cobs small? What have I done wrong?

May be the variety is like that or else they've not had enough water?

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk

Alan Holmes 05-09-2003 07:06 PM

Short, Fat Sweetcorn

"Janice" wrote in message
My first attempt at growing sweetcorn has resulted in cobs that are very
short and squat (although quite fat). Some of the cobs seem to be ready

harvest because the silks have turned brown and the juice is milky. Why

are
the cobs small? What have I done wrong?

I should think it's the variety.

What did the picture on the seed packet look like?

Alan