Old 03-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Alison

Default P'd Off at Hozelock Products

I'm just a tad p'd off at all my Hozelock products and wondered if I'm the
only person feeling that way.

In a 5 year period I've had to buy 3 oscillating sprinklers cos they've all
decided that they like being static sprinklers after a while. They don't
get mega heavy usage cos we live in Scotland where we normally see rain on a
relatively frequent basis.

Then there's the hanging basket waterer attachment - little black washer has
perished so it's now a hanging basket and armpit waterer. Not so nice for
human recipient (though perhaps refreshing for recipient and passers-by
alike if *having* to water on extremely hot days)

Similar washer problem on the hose ends.

Is this just all designed to force you to go buy new ones on an annual
basis? If so, I hate them! Does anyone know any other manufacturer of
above equipment that's more durable?

TIA
--Alison

Old 04-09-2003, 12:13 AM
hugh

In message , Alison
o.uk writes
[...]

Gardena - and the fittings are identical.
--
hugh
Reply to address is valid
Old 04-09-2003, 12:32 AM
Emrys Davies

'Alison',

Have you given Hozelock a chance to rectify this matter. I once 'phoned
them in a generalist way about someone else's product and they sent me
so many free spares that I was embarrassed. I still have some of them
and all that I received are great.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Alison" o.uk wrote
in message ...

Old 04-09-2003, 01:32 AM
Anthony

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...
[...]

We had problems with the washers on our Hozelock fittings as well,
tried many G/centres and sheds with no success.
So we rang them up, told them we couldn't find washers in our area,
and they sent us some FOC by return of post. Can't say fairer than that.

Hozelock Ltd
Consumer services
Haddenham
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
HP17 8JD
Tel 01844 292002
Fax 01844 291820

Regards
Anthony

Old 04-09-2003, 09:13 AM
Martin Sykes

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...
[...]

My sprinkler also stops oscillating every now and then. I think it's just
dirt getting in. I take the small stopper of the end and flush water through
it backwards. It's always fixed the problem so far.

Martin

Old 04-09-2003, 05:32 PM
DavidG

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...
[...]

Solved the problem with my sprinkler by smearing vaseline on the moving
parts.

Old 04-09-2003, 08:03 PM
Franz Heymann

"hugh" ] wrote in message
news
In message , Alison
o.uk writes

[snip]

Is this just all designed to force you to go buy new ones on an annual
basis? If so, I hate them! Does anyone know any other manufacturer of
above equipment that's more durable?

Gardena - and the fittings are identical.

Are all Gardena and Hozelock components really interchangeable? You mean
that I may now happily cease to remember whether I am looking for a Hozelock
or a Gardena fitting when I need a replacement?

Franz

Old 04-09-2003, 10:55 PM
ned

Franz Heymann wrote:

snip

Are all Gardena and Hozelock components really interchangeable? You
mean that I may now happily cease to remember whether I am looking
for a Hozelock or a Gardena fitting when I need a replacement?

............. I'm sure they weren't at one time.
I somehow doubt that they have agreed to a common standard.
That would mean one of them re-tooling and scrapping stocks of old
spares.

--
ned

Old 05-09-2003, 12:12 AM
hugh

In message , Franz Heymann
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
news
In message , Alison
o.uk writes

[snip]

Is this just all designed to force you to go buy new ones on an annual
basis? If so, I hate them! Does anyone know any other manufacturer of
above equipment that's more durable?

Gardena - and the fittings are identical.

Are all Gardena and Hozelock components really interchangeable? You mean
that I may now happily cease to remember whether I am looking for a Hozelock
or a Gardena fitting when I need a replacement?

Franz

What I meant was the connectors interchange so e.g. a Gardena sprinkler
will fit into a Hozelock hose pipe connector. I do now from experience
that the Hozelock and Gardena wall mounting plates for their hose reels
are identical.
--
hugh
Reply to address is valid
Old 05-09-2003, 12:12 AM
hugh

In message , Malcolm Ogilvie
writes

In article
1g0rtjw.1ivzj3y1vfirlkN%00senetnospamtodayta@mac unlimited.net, Jim W
writes
DavidG wrote:

Solved the problem with my sprinkler by smearing vaseline on the moving
parts.

Yes vaseline is an ideal grease for plastic/metal moving parts that are
likly to be used in wet environs. Silicone grease (from Maplin
Electronics etc. is also idea. Very good for plastics, curtain rails and
the like.

Even better is a spray because it penetrates into the sprinkler. I've
used Holt's Rubber and Nylon Lubricant, which is silicon based. I
bought it at Halfords, originally to use on one of my car windows which
was stiff and which squeaked as I opened and closed it. It cured the
window and got the sprinkler going again!

Sold as awning rail lubricant in caravan shops
--
hugh
Reply to address is valid

Old 05-09-2003, 12:26 AM
hugh

In message , Franz Heymann
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
news
In message , Alison
o.uk writes

[snip]

Old 05-09-2003, 12:34 AM
Franz Heymann

"ned" wrote in message
Franz Heymann wrote:

snip

Are all Gardena and Hozelock components really interchangeable? You
mean that I may now happily cease to remember whether I am looking
for a Hozelock or a Gardena fitting when I need a replacement?

............ I'm sure they weren't at one time.
I somehow doubt that they have agreed to a common standard.
That would mean one of them re-tooling and scrapping stocks of old
spares.

That's what I thought, until one of the urglers said they were
intercgangeable.

Franz

Old 05-09-2003, 01:26 AM

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "ned" wrote in message
: ...
: Franz Heymann wrote:
:
: snip
:
: Are all Gardena and Hozelock components really interchangeable? You
: mean that I may now happily cease to remember whether I am looking
: for a Hozelock or a Gardena fitting when I need a replacement?
:
: ............ I'm sure they weren't at one time.
: I somehow doubt that they have agreed to a common standard.
: That would mean one of them re-tooling and scrapping stocks of old
: spares.
:
: That's what I thought, until one of the urglers said they were
: intercgangeable.
:
: Franz
:
How many interchangeable urglers have you met?

Old 05-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Franz Heymann

"K" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "ned" wrote in message
: ...
: Franz Heymann wrote:
:
: snip
:
: Are all Gardena and Hozelock components really interchangeable? You
: mean that I may now happily cease to remember whether I am looking
: for a Hozelock or a Gardena fitting when I need a replacement?
:
: ............ I'm sure they weren't at one time.
: I somehow doubt that they have agreed to a common standard.
: That would mean one of them re-tooling and scrapping stocks of old
: spares.
:
: That's what I thought, until one of the urglers said they were
: intercgangeable.
:
: Franz
:
How many interchangeable urglers have you met?

Serves me right {:-))

Franz