GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garden Bags (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/42269-garden-bags.html)

David Hill 06-09-2003 12:03 AM

Garden Bags

Someone was asking about garden bags a few weeks ago.
Next week Aldi have this offer.

Garden Bag £1.99
Hundreds of uses in the home, garden and car, large 90 litre capacity,
approximate dimensions of 56(w) x 46(h) x 36(d)cm. Made from tear resistant,
weatherproof polyethylene, complete with two handles for easy
transportation.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Janice 06-09-2003 10:12 AM

Garden Bags

Oh for goodness sake, I just bought one from Asda for £5 and I thought that
was a good deal! Oh well, I could always use another one! What day does
the Aldi offer start?

Thanks,

Natalie 06-09-2003 10:22 AM

Garden Bags

"Janice" wrote in message
Oh for goodness sake, I just bought one from Asda for £5 and I thought

that
was a good deal! Oh well, I could always use another one! What day does
the Aldi offer start?

Thanks,

Thursday 11th September. Check out their website for more offers ;-)

http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/special...offers_nav.htm

Natalie

Janice 06-09-2003 02:22 PM

Garden Bags

Thanks for the Aldi website, Natalie. The spring bulb packs at 99 pence
look like a really good deal, too, as do the pruning shears. But I've often
wondered what's the difference between bypass and anvil pruning shears?

Regards,

Janice 06-09-2003 06:03 PM

Garden Bags

"Jim W" wrote
But I've often wondered what's the difference between bypass and anvil

pruning shears?

Anvil blades cut on a block or an 'anvil'.... (like a knife on a board),
bypass, slide against each other (like shears or a pair of scissors,
they 'pass' 'by' each other.) Rollcuts tended to be Anvil, Felco's tend
to be bypass.

Thanks for the explanation, Jim. Is there a difference in using one type
over the other, or is it just a matter of personal preference?

Thanks,

Pam Moore 06-09-2003 06:42 PM

Garden Bags

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:53:53 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

Someone was asking about garden bags a few weeks ago.
Next week Aldi have this offer.

Garden Bag £1.99

Missed earlier post on this subject. Sure Aldi's looks good value,
but I have one which cost 50p, ie. an Ikea bag which they sell at the
check-out.
Good size, opens out well and is tough.

Pam in Bristol

Tim Watts[_2_] 20-08-2013 07:46 AM

Garden Bags

On Tuesday 20 August 2013 03:37 wrote in
uk.rec.gardening:

You can get some great garden bags from
http://www.gardenbags.net

Much more useful:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/1-ton-bags

Even better if you get them free after some building work.

One of those fits (just) in the back of my estate and I can take a boatload
of clippings down the dump.

David Hill 20-08-2013 09:38 AM

Garden Bags

On 20/08/2013 03:37, wrote:
You can get some great garden bags from
http://www.gardenbags.net

On Friday, September 5, 2003 11:55:46 PM UTC+1, David Hill wrote:
Someone was asking about garden bags a few weeks ago.
Next week Aldi have this offer.

Garden Bag £1.99
Hundreds of uses in the home, garden and car, large 90 litre capacity,
approximate dimensions of 56(w) x 46(h) x 36(d)cm. Made from tear resistant,
weatherproof polyethylene, complete with two handles for easy
transportation.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Where the hell was this item dragged up from?
A new version of spam?
David

Chris J Dixon 20-08-2013 10:40 AM

Garden Bags

David Hill wrote:

On 20/08/2013 03:37, wrote:
You can get some great garden bags from
http://www.gardenbags.net

On Friday, September 5, 2003 11:55:46 PM UTC+1, David Hill wrote:

[an old post growing whiskers]

Where the hell was this item dragged up from?
A new version of spam?

I fear that the relentless "progress" of Google Groups has now
made it so that the date of the original posting is not readily
apparent. I guess that stuff just sort of appears as a flow of
consciousness, and folk feel moved to respond, however belatedly.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

Janet 20-08-2013 04:20 PM

Garden Bags

In article ,
says...

David Hill wrote:

On 20/08/2013 03:37,
wrote:
You can get some great garden bags from
http://www.gardenbags.net

You would say that, it's your business. BTW your web pages are
broken.

On Friday, September 5, 2003 11:55:46 PM UTC+1, David Hill wrote:

[an old post growing whiskers]

Where the hell was this item dragged up from?
A new version of spam?

I fear that the relentless "progress" of Google Groups has now
made it so that the date of the original posting is not readily
apparent. I guess that stuff just sort of appears as a flow of
consciousness, and folk feel moved to respond, however belatedly.

Chris

Nope. Search in the email address shows William who recommended the
bag-selling website, works for the company he's touting for.

http://www.landscapejuicenetwork.com...le?screenName=
25ppdgrcj4mje

He probably grepped google groups archive search engine for
"garden bag", leading him to an ancient post on urg, so he posted a
blatant advert while failing to mention his personal interest.

On the link he provided, the pages about "us", "secure payments" and
"terms and conditions" are blank. Oh what a surprise.

Janet

'Mike'[_4_] 20-08-2013 04:26 PM

Garden Bags

These people should be more subtle with their advertising shouldn't they?

Mike

"Janet" wrote in message
t...

In article ,