GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Recomendations for garden and nursery visits in Devon (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/42315-re-recomendations-garden-nursery-visits-devon.html)

Sacha 06-09-2003 03:42 PM

Recomendations for garden and nursery visits in Devon

in article 1g0vbqc.1wunp5nmg2gtiN%00senetnospamtodayta@macunl imited.net, Jim
W at wrote on 6/9/03 2:21 pm:

Hi All.. will shortly be visiting Devon, staying in the Totnes area.
Any recommendations for gardens/nurseries appreciated (and anything else
worth seeing!-)

Cheers
//
Jim

Well, I hope you'll get to us this time, Jim. ;-) We're away next w/e but
Matthew, Ray's son, will be here. Go through Dartington, up to Huxam's
Cross, turn right, go past small nursery that is *not* us, over Staverton
bridge and level crossing, following rest of brown signs! About 20 mins
from Totnes.
Gardens - definitely The Garden House at Buckland Monachorum, nr Tavistock,
definitely Rosemoor, if you haven't been there. Ray Brown's Plant World is
just outside Newton Abbot and he has a lot of unusual seeds. There are a few
bog standard garden centres like Fermoy's and Endsleigh but I don't think
there's anything unusual there.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

The Devil's Advocate 06-09-2003 06:03 PM

Jim W wrote:
: Hi All.. will shortly be visiting Devon, staying in the Totnes area.
: Any recommendations for gardens/nurseries appreciated (and anything
: else worth seeing!-)
:
: Cheers
: //
: Jim

You have to visit Mount Edgcumbe Country Park across the border in Cornwall.
It is the most beautiful country park in the Country and has an ornamental
garden as well as the woods and open land that is bordered by the river
Tamar and Plymouth Sound/Cawsand Bay. You can get there either by the
Torpoint Car Ferries at Devonport, the passenger ferry at Stonehouse or by
the Tamar Bridge. There is nowhere else so beautiful on earth

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk

Jim W 12-09-2003 02:02 PM

Jim W wrote:

Hi All.. will shortly be visiting Devon, staying in the Totnes area.
Any recommendations for gardens/nurseries appreciated (and anything else
worth seeing!-)

Cheers
//
Jim

Thx for those folks.. Any more.. have found a couple of websites with
likely suspects and the NCCPG site was quite good!-)
/
Jim