GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   choisya ternata (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/42523-choisya-ternata.html)

david keel 08-09-2003 08:02 PM

choisya ternata

I had a lovely large bush very healthy approx 5ft tall. I pruned it to
about 3ft
in mid august and it has withered. Looks dead but there is green pith
under the bark. Is there hope of recovery or have I done it in ?

dave @ stejonda 08-09-2003 08:23 PM

choisya ternata

In message , david keel
writes
I had a lovely large bush very healthy approx 5ft tall. I pruned it to
about 3ft
in mid august and it has withered. Looks dead but there is green pith
under the bark. Is there hope of recovery or have I done it in ?

I had to hard prune mine this spring (roots as well) and after a pause
it has come back quite strongly. I'd wait.

--
dave @ stejonda

bnd777 08-09-2003 10:17 PM

choisya ternata

"david keel" wrote in message
om...
I had a lovely large bush very healthy approx 5ft tall. I pruned it to
about 3ft
in mid august and it has withered. Looks dead but there is green pith
under the bark. Is there hope of recovery or have I done it in ?

Most likely its very thirsty given the heatwave we have had