GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   sowing some grass seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/42852-sowing-some-grass-seed.html)

a 12-09-2003 04:04 PM

sowing some grass seed

I have germinated some grass seed in a bucket of soil over the past few days
and I reckon they can be put on some bare patches in the lawn. Do I just
thinly scatter the grass/soil mixture over the bare patches? Do I need to
cover the seeds or will they just root themselves into the ground below?

cheers

da.

Q 12-09-2003 09:42 PM

sowing some grass seed

"a" wrote in message
I have germinated some grass seed in a bucket of soil over the past few

days
and I reckon they can be put on some bare patches in the lawn. Do I just
thinly scatter the grass/soil mixture over the bare patches? Do I need to
cover the seeds or will they just root themselves into the ground below?

cheers

da.

Perhaps, but it might have been easier to loosen the soil in the bare
patches,
apply seed and then lightly cover.
Gammer