GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Decking (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/42931-decking.html)

RD 13-09-2003 11:42 AM

Decking

I am in the process of preparing my decking so I can stain it. Please can
someone let me know whether I need to sand the grooves within the wood and
if so whether there are any tools which I can use to help me (apart from
just by hand).

Thanks

Andy 13-09-2003 08:23 PM

Decking

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:37:15 +0100, "RD"
wrote:

I am in the process of preparing my decking so I can stain it. Please can
someone let me know whether I need to sand the grooves within the wood and
if so whether there are any tools which I can use to help me (apart from
just by hand).

Nitromors? Don't get it on any plants...

Andy

Murf 14-09-2003 09:18 PM

Decking

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy

Murf 14-09-2003 09:20 PM

Decking

Quote:

Originally posted by RD
I am in the process of preparing my decking so I can stain it. Please can
someone let me know whether I need to sand the grooves within the wood and
if so whether there are any tools which I can use to help me (apart from
just by hand).

Thanks

Hi
Decking seal is great its a fine oil which soaks in, no preparation needed.

DaveDay34 20-09-2003 03:32 PM

Decking

--
Murf

I'd suggest giving it a good jet-wash first, but obviously let it dry out for
several days before trying to apply any sealant.

Dave.