Old 18-09-2003, 03:42 PM
J C-W

Default new website: DIY homebuild mechanical external pond pre-filter

Hi,

I've just put up plans on a site for a low budget external pre-filter for
small to medium ponds, particularly aimed at amateur or novice pond owners
in the UK, although the principles are generally applicable anywhere.
Find it at http://www.collinswebb.plus.com/otherstuff/

Constructive comments gratefully received.

Jason
Old 18-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Ron Clark

On 18 Sep 2003 07:37:00 -0700, (J C-W)
wrote:

Hi,

I've just put up plans on a site for a low budget external pre-filter for
small to medium ponds, particularly aimed at amateur or novice pond owners
in the UK, although the principles are generally applicable anywhere.
Find it at
http://www.collinswebb.plus.com/otherstuff/

Constructive comments gratefully received.

This group is not a commercial billboard.

--
®óñ© © ²°°³
Old 18-09-2003, 06:42 PM
JennyC

"Ron Clark" wrote
(J C-W) wrote:

Hi,

I've just put up plans on a site for a low budget external

pre-filter for
small to medium ponds, particularly aimed at amateur or novice pond

owners
in the UK, although the principles are generally applicable

anywhere.
Find it at
http://www.collinswebb.plus.com/otherstuff/
Constructive comments gratefully received.

This group is not a commercial billboard.
®óñ© © ²°°³

I'll think you'll see that's it's actually plans for a cheap DIY pond
filter system...........:~)
Jenny

Old 18-09-2003, 08:47 PM
Ron Clark

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:36:07 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

"Ron Clark" wrote
(J C-W) wrote:

Hi,

I've just put up plans on a site for a low budget external

pre-filter for
small to medium ponds, particularly aimed at amateur or novice pond

owners
in the UK, although the principles are generally applicable

anywhere.
Find it at
http://www.collinswebb.plus.com/otherstuff/
Constructive comments gratefully received.

This group is not a commercial billboard.
®óñ© © ²°°³

I'll think you'll see that's it's actually plans for a cheap DIY pond
filter system...........:~)
Jenny

I think you'll find that it's technically known as SPAM and
unacceptable on usenet

--
®óñ© © ²°°³
Old 19-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Victoria Clare

Ron Clark wrote in
:

wrote:

Hi,

I've just put up plans on a site for a low budget external pre-filter
for small to medium ponds, particularly aimed at amateur or novice
pond owners in the UK, although the principles are generally
applicable anywhere. Find it at
http://www.collinswebb.plus.com/otherstuff/

Constructive comments gratefully received.

This group is not a commercial billboard.

So far as I can see, this page is a DIY guide by an enthusiast. It is not
selling anything. Have you actually looked at it?

Jason, I find your text rather hard to read in such big chunks, specially
full-screen on my high-res monitor.

You might want to break it down into smaller paragraphs, or maybe numbered
steps?

Victoria

Old 19-09-2003, 10:42 AM
J C-W

Ron Clark wrote in message . ..
SNIP
I think you'll find that it's technically known as SPAM and
unacceptable on usenet

Ron,
I'm sorry you've been offended, but I think *you* will find this
message was *not* SPAM - I am offering plans on the web to *help*
garden pond owners, I'm not trying to sell anything, it was a single
message, and it was not off-topic, so therefore, it cannot be classed
as SPAM (check the definition at
http://spam.abuse.net/overview/whatisspam.shtml if you need to).
Please be more careful when flaming, and don't forget that there is a
real person on the other end of a message (mostly). If you are not
interested in garden ponds or pond-keeping, don't read the message,
it's as simple as that, but my message certainly did not warrant your
flame.
Jason
Old 19-09-2003, 11:03 AM
J C-W

"JennyC" wrote in message ...
"Ron Clark" wrote

SNIP

This group is not a commercial billboard.
®óñ© © ²°°³

I'll think you'll see that's it's actually plans for a cheap DIY pond
filter system...........:~)
Jenny

Jenny, thank you for your defence, you are quite correct, this is not
a commercial post (as can be inferred by the *subject*), just trying
to share my experience in order to help others.
Some people seem rather to ready to flame!
Old 19-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Ron Clark

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:57:06 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

. Find it at
http://www.collinswebb.plus.com/otherstuff/

Constructive comments gratefully received.

This group is not a commercial billboard.

So far as I can see, this page is a DIY guide by an enthusiast. It is not
selling anything. Have you actually looked at it?

Yes, it's low-grade spam and contains recommendations
for commercial products, with reference to stockists, ordering
information and price lists.

It's spam. It does advertise and recommend at least 2 commercially
available products

OK it's not blatant serious spam. and could be in innocence
but if he wants to make a 2 line reference to his web site. he should
stick it in his sig.

--
®óñ© © ²°°³
Old 19-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Ron Clark

On 19 Sep 2003 02:36:22 -0700, (J C-W)
wrote:

Ron,
I'm sorry you've been offended, but I think *you* will find this
message was *not* SPAM - I am offering plans on the web to *help*
garden pond owners, I'm not trying to sell anything, it was a single
message, and it was not off-topic, so therefore, it cannot be classed
as SPAM (check the definition at
http://spam.abuse.net/overview/whatisspam.shtml if you need to).
I don't need to see it again, thank you

Please be more careful when flaming, and don't forget that there is a
real person on the other end of a message (mostly).

If you think that was a flame you should get out more.

Your web site contains recommendations for commercially available
products, including an advert linking to a recommended supplier,
product information and price lists.

That's spam.
That's unsolicited commercial advertising .

Take out the ads and price lists and stockists and it's not spam

That's constructive comment.

Regards

--

Rc
Old 19-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Ron Clark

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:44:29 +0100, Ron Clark wrote:

It's spam. It does advertise and recommend at least 2 commercially
available products

What is this list of stockists iof it's not advertising fer Kriese
sake?

Heissner GMBH
Lauterbach
36339
0049 664186330

Western Daily Press
01934 713246 (Home)

Greenacres Water garden

Animal House (UK) Ltd
Q B M Business Park
Gelderd ROAD

GARDEN SECURITY AND LIGHTING

Garden Security and Lighting

Rambridge Structure & Design Ltd
#1, 2421 Centre Ave. S.E.
Calgary
Alberta
T2E 0A9
(403) 230-5717

NEVILLE CROCKER PTY LTD
2/32 MILES STREET
MULGRAVE, VICTORIA
AUSTRALIA 3170

Cadbury Garden Centre
Smallway, Congresbury
Nr. Bristol
Avon
BS19 5AA

Parkers Garden Centre
Wotton Rd
Iron Acton Bristol
Avon
BS17 1U6
01454 228761

Electroflora Ltd
The Baulk
Clapham
Bedford
MK41 6AA
01234 262745

Fishiz
76 Hart Lane
Luton
Bedfordshire
LU2 OJG
01582 488788

Waterways Pet & Aquatics
Milton Ernest Garden Centre
Bedford
Bedfordshire
MK44 1SH

Deepdale Water Gardens
Deepdale
Potton
Bedfordshire
SG19 2NH
01767 261600

Peter Cox Marketing
Brookside, High Street
Wrestlingworth, Sandy
Bedfordshire
SG19 2EN
01767 631733

Seasons Garden Centre
A6 Bedford Rd
Wilstead
Bedfordshire
MK45 3HV

New World Aquatics
Filttvale garden centre
Flitwick Road, Westoning
Bedfordshire
Mk45 5AA
01525 713710

Chiltern Aquatics (Poplars Nursery)
Harlington Road,
Toddington
Bedfordshire
LU5 6HE
01525 875520

A.L.F. Ltd.
Unit 2 Albone Way Industrial Estate
Biggleswade
Bedfordshire
SG18 8BN
01767 601112

Frosts Garden centre
Newport Road, Woburn Sands
Milton Keynes
Bedfordshire
MK17 8UE
01908 583511

Leighton Buzzard Garden Centre
Hockliffe Road
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
LU7 9NX
01525 854955

World of Water
166 Hyde End Road
Reading
Berkshire
RG2 9ER
0118 9885492

Wundpets
Twyford Orchards, London Road, Twyford
Reading
Berkshire
RG10 9HQ

Cagex Accessories Ltd
Bury Farm, Pednor Road
Chesham
Buckinghamshire
HP5 2JU
01494 786759

Fishes Galore
At Tacchi's Garden Centre
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire
PE17 2AA
01480 431004

Alvenor Aquatics and Water Gardens
Murrow
Nr. Wisbech
Cambridgeshire
PE13 4HB
01945 700449

Scotsdale Nursey & Garden Centre
Cambridge Rd,
Gt. Shelford
Cambridgeshire
CB2 5JT
01223 842777

Tropikoi Aquatics
Lynn Road (B198)
Wisbech
Cambridgeshire
PE14 7DA
01945 475222

Walsoken Aquatics
Green Lane
Walsoke
Cambridgeshire
PE14 7BJ
01945 584456

Practical Fish Keeping
Bretton Court, Bretton
Peterborough
Cambridgeshire
PE3 8DZ

Wonderland
The Old Chapel, Robin Hood Lane
Helsby
Cheshire
WA6 OEX

Barton Grange Garden Centres
Chester Road, Woodford
Stockport
Cheshire
SK7 1QS

Wilmslow Pet & Aquatics, Wilmslow Garden Centre
145 Manchester Rd
Wilmslow
Cheshire
SK9 2JN
01625 530490

Aquatics Direct
Direct House, 71A Manchester Road
Congleton
Cheshire
CW12 2HT
01260 275144

B&J Aquatics (Wholesale)
40-42 Church Road
Northwich
Cheshire
CW9 5NT
01606 47151

B&J Aquatics (Wholesale)
40-42 Church Road,
Northwich
Cheshire
CW9 5NT
01606 47151

Oakhanger Aquatics
Nursery Road, Oakhanger,
Nr. Crewe
Cheshire
CW1 5UY
01270 872467

World of Water
Thorley Lane, Timperley
Altrincham
Cheshire
WA15 7PJ
0161 903 9944

Stapeley Water Gardens
92 London Rd, Stapeley
Nantwich
Cheshire
CW5 7LH
01270 623868

Mr G Lea
Dingle Bank farm, Lower Withington
Macclesfield
Cheshire
SK11 9DP
01477 571312

Peter Barratts Garden Centre
Yarm Road
Stockton on Tees
Cleveland
TS18 3SQ
01642 613433

Dicksons Garden Centre
79 Cootehall Road
Bangor
Co Down
BT19 1UP
01247 853397

Mid Ulster Garden Centre
35 Station Road
Maghera
Co Londonderry, N I
BT46 5HE

MC GUIRES GARDEN CENTRE
ROSSDUFF
WOODSTOWN
CO.WATERFORD
051 382757

Cuddra Aquatic Nurseries
Holmbush Road
St Austell
Cornwall
PL25 3RQ
01726 76686

Carnon Downs Garden Centre
Quenchwell Rd. , Carnon Downs,
Nr. Truro
Cornwall
TR3 4LN
01872 863 058

Trelawney Garden Centre
Sladesbridge
Nr. Wadebridge
Cornwall
PL27 6JA
01208 812966

Kernock Park Plants
Pillaton
Saltash
Cornwall
PL12 6RY
01579 350561

Tamar View Garden Centre
Carweel,
Saltash
Cornwall
PL12 6PH
01752 847366

Trevona Cross Nurseries
Breage
Helston
Cornwall
TR13 9PY
01736 763880

Brooks Garden Centre
Stratton
Bude
Cornwall
EX23 9NR
01288 352897

Richardsons Garden Centre
Stockton Road, Cold Hesledon,
Seaham
County Durham
SR7 8RW
0191 5818181

W B Hardie
Ridings Farm
Longtown, Carlisle
Cumbria
CA6 5PW

AERO NURSERIES
HARKER ROAD END
ROCKCLIFFE, CARLISLE
CUMBRIA
CA6 4HQ
01228 674612

W.B. Hardie
Ridings Farm
Longtown, Carlisle
Cumbria
CA6 5PW

Woodlands Nurseries
Crooklands,
Milnthorpe
Cumbria
LA7 7NJ
01539 567223

C.S.L.
Caxton Road, Newtown Industrial Estate
Carlisle
Cumbria
CA2 7NS
01228 544422

Chesterfield Aquatics
Chesterfield Garden Centre, Mansfield Road, Hasland
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
S41 0JL
01246 558444

Cromford Nursery, Woodlands Garden Ctre
Derby Rd, Cromford
Matlock
Derbyshire
DE4 3RN
01629 824 990

Tropicana Pets & Aquatics (Grange Craft Grdn/Ctre
The Grange, Hospital Lane
Mickleover
Derbyshire
DE3 5DR
01332 523022

Europond
Main Street, Overseal,
Swadlincote
Derbyshire
DE12 6LG
01283 762222

Shipley garden & Aquatic Centre
Hassock Lane North,
Shipley Heanor
Derbyshire
DE7 7JB
01773 713596

Pople Landscapes Ltd
Dunston Rd. Nurseries, Dunston Rd
Newbold, Chesterfield
Derbyshire
S41 9RL
01246 452328

PETS R US
69 High Street
Eckington, Sheffield
Derbyshire
S31 9DJ
01246 430466

Bow Aquatic Centre
West Country Water Garden, Bow
Crediton,
Devon
01363 82438

Bow aquatic
Bernaville Garden Centre, Cowley
Exeter
Devon
01392 851823

St Bridget Nurseries
Sidmouth Rd
Clyst St Mary
Devon
EX5 1AE
01392 876281

G.H. &J.M. Reeves
Holm Farm, Bowringsleigh,
Kingsbridge
Devon
TQ7 3LJ

South Devon Water Gardens Torbay Grdn Ctre
Brixham road
Torbay
Devon
TQ4 5BA
01805 665506

Seabrook Garden Centre
Topsham Rd, Countess Weir
Exeter
Devon
EX2 7DT
01392 875070

K.B. E.M. & W.K Reed
Cleave Farm, Templeton
Tiverton
Devon
EX16 8BP

Aquateignia (c/o Jack's Patch Garden Centre)
Newton rd.
Bishop Steignton
Devon
TQ14 9PL

Endsleigh Garden Centre
Ivybridge
Nr. Plymouth
Devon
PL21 9JL
01752 898994

T.P. Pumps
Kings Nympton
Umberleigh
Devon
EX37 9SS
01444 451687

Martin Richards (Agric Engineers)
Kingston,
Sturminster Newton
Dorset
DT10 2DT
01258 817372

CW Groves, Nurseries & Garden Centre
West Bay Road
Bridport
Dorset
DT6 4BA
01308 422654

Plant World Nurseries
Kendalls Lane
Milton-on-Stour
Dorset
SP8 5QA
01747 824015

Quality Assured Plastics
25 Blackmoor Road
Ebblake Industrial Estate, Verwood,
Dorset
BH31 6BE
01202 828109

Gardenwise
Castle Duuglas Centre
Dumfries
Dumfries
DG2 8PP
01387 262654

Acorn Rubber
Unit 6 Riverside Industrial Estate
27 Thames Road, Barking
Essex
IG11 OND
0181 594 5977

Alton Garden Centre
A127
Wickford
Essex

Aquatics at Morleys
Morley Nurseries, Southend Rd
Gt. Wakering
Essex
SS3 0JB
01702 588803

Basildon Garden and Mower centre
Nevendon Road
Basildon
Essex
SS13 1BS
01268 523515

World of Water (Water Gardens Direct)
The Dutch Nurseries, West Street,
Coggeshall
Essex
CO6 1NT
01376 563836

The Green House
Chase Cross Rd.,
Romford
Essex
RM5 3RP
01708 726726

Smiths Orchard garden Centre
Chadwell Road
Grays
Essex
RM17 5SY
01375 372195

Royden Hamlet Aquatics
Tylers Road
Royden Hamlet
Essex
CM19 5LT
01279 792235

Safety Industries (Oakwood) Ltd.
Tonbridge Rd, Harold
Romford
Essex
RM3 8TS
01708 381499

Class 1 Koi Ltd
Unit 1, Pacific Wharf, Hertford Rd
Barking
Essex
IG11 8BN
0181 594 4481

The Water Gardener
Thorpe Rd
Little Clacton
Essex
CO16 9RZ
01255 861919

Gibral- Flora Ltd
Garden Centre, P.O. Box 861
Waterfront
Gibralta
(350) 42655 (956) 742655

Pear Tree Lake Fisheries
Boddington Lane, Staverton Village
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
GL51 OTN
01242 680 718

Aquajardine,
Jardinerie, Bath Rd
Stroud,
Gloucestershire
GL10 3DP
01452 724341

The Aquatic Habitat
Shurdington Rd,
Brockworth
Gloucestershire
GL3 4PU
01452 862791

Toddington Garden centre
Winchcombe
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
GL54 5DT
01242 621314

Hurrans Garden Centres
Unit B, Staverton Technology Park, Gloucester Rd
Staverton, Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
GL5 6TQ
01452 714111

Junic Pond Equipment
Wellmeadow Bungalow, Lydney Road
Bream,
Gloucestershire
GL15 6EN
01594 563409

World of Water, Highfield Garden Centre
Bristol Rd, Whitminster
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
GL2 7PL
01452 741414

Twigs Garden Centre
Tewkesbury Road
Down Hatherley
Gloucestershire
GL2 9PU
01452 730175

St Martins Garden Centre
Les Huriaux
St Martins
Guernsey
01481 35581

Keydell Nurseries
Havant Road
Horndean
Hampshire
PO8 OUU

Bridgemary Aquatics
64 Brewers Lane, Bridgemary
Gosport
Hampshire
PO13 OLA
01329 231981

World of Water
Stockbridge Road
Romsey
Hampshire
SO51 0HB
01794 515923

DH Water Gardens Ltd
MS Garden Centre, Sherfield on Loddon
Basingstoke
Hampshire
RG27 0HA
01256 882019

Peter Golding Ltd
Barton Stacey
Winchester
Hampshire
SO21 3QL
01962 760792

Copnor Tropical Pet Centre
Fontley Nurseries, Fontley Road
Titchfield
Hampshire
PO15 6QX
01329 844002

Mill Water gardens
Mead Mill, Hill Lane
Romsey
Hampshire
SO5 8EQ
01794 513444

Chandlers Cross Garden Centre
Fir Tree Hill, Chandlers Cross,
Rickmansworth
Hertfordshire
WD3 HL2
01923 261219

Tewin Mill Fish farm
Kingsbridge,Tewin
Welwyn
Hertfordshire
AL6 OlJ
01438 716019

Ayletts Nurseries Ltd
North Orbital Road, London Colney,
St. Albans
Hertfordshire
AL2 1DH
01727 822255

The Aquatic Warehouse
Birchall Lane, Cole Green
Hertford
Hertfordshire
SG14 2NR
01707 391196

Caffyn Parsons Ltd
Hertfordshire Fisheries, North Orbital road
St Albans
Hertfordshire
AL2 2DS
01727 833960

Stevenage Garden Centre
Graveley Road
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4AH
01438 312660

Solesbridge Mill Water Gardens Centre
Solebridge Mill
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
WD3 5SX
01923 284135

Tropical Marine Centre
Solesbridge Lane
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
WD3 5SX
01923 284 151

Frog End Aquatics (Tylers Garden Centre)
Dunsbridge Turnpike
Shepreth
Hertfordshire
SG8 6RA
01763 260067

Maydencroft Aquatic Nurseries
Maydencroft Lane, Gosmore
Hitchin
Hertfordshire
SG4 7QD
01462 456020

Vanstone Park Garden Centre
Hitchin Road, Codicote
Nr. Hitchin
Hertfordshire
SG4 8TH
01438 820412

Medina Garden Centre Ltd.
Stapler Rd.
Wooton
Isle of Wight
PO32 4RW
01983 883 430

Ransoms Garden Centre
St. Martins
Jersey
JE3 6EB
01534 856 699

Goathouse Common Farms
Chains Farm, Ide Hill,
Sevenoaks
Kent
TN14 6JY
0831 824564

South East Water Garden
A256 Roundabout, Bellers Bush
Sandwich
Kent
CT13 ODG
01304 614963

World of Water
Hastings Road, Rolvenden
Cranbrook
Kent
TN17 4PL

Heaver Tropics
Ash Road,
Sevenoaks
Kent
TN15 7HJ
01474 872361

Waterland Water gardens
Dillywood Lane, Cliffe Rd (B2000)
Nr. Wainscott, Rochester
Kent
ME3 7NT

Flying Fish
194 Loose Road
Maidstone
Kent
ME15 7UF
01622 757583

Whitehouse Farm
Biddenden
Ashford
Kent
TN27 8LN

Birkacre Nurseries
Birkacre Road
Chorley
Lancasahire
PR7 3QL
01257 270473

The Pond Shop
Clifton Garden Centre, Blackpool Rd
Preston
Lancashire
PR4 OXL
01772 673244

Data Pumps
Unit 6, Preesall Mill, Park lane, Preesall
Polton-le-Fyled
Lancashire
FY6 OLU
01253 812100

Lotus Water Garden Products
Junction Street
Burnley
Lancashire
BB12 ONA
01282 420771

Wistow Aquatics, (Wistow Garden centre)
Wistow
Nr Great Glen
Leicester
LE8 OQF
01162 593288

Rowena garden Centre
Loughborough Road
Ruthley
Leicester
LE7 7NL
01162 376500

Birstall Garden Centre Aquatics
27-35 Sibson Rd,
Birstall
Leicestershire
0116 2676121

Ocean Commotion
210 Clarendon Park rd
Leicester
Leicestershire
LE2 3AG
0116 2448382

Clearwater Aquatics
338 Green Lane Road
Leicester
Leicestershire
LE5 4ND
0116 2743426

Ullesthorpe Garden Centre and Aquatics
Lutterworth Rd, Ullesthorpe
Nr. Lutterworth
Leicestershire
LE17 5DR
01455 202144

Greenacres Nurseries
Ashby Rd
Stapleton
Leicestershire
LE9 8JE
01455 290878

Woodthorpe Hall Aquatics
Woodthorpe
Nr. Alford
Lincolnshire
LN13 0DD
01507-450294

Rose Cottage Water Garden Centre
Glenside North, Pinchbeck
Spalding
Lincolnshire
PE11 3SD
01775 710882

Dorrington Garden Centre
Dorrington Fen
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
LN4 3QB
01526 832529

Louth Garden Centre
Legbourne Rd
Louth
Lincolnshire
LN11 8LQ
01507 605381

Pennells Estates Ltd
Humberston Road
Cleethorpes
Lincolnshire
DN36 4RW
01472 313600

QVC
Marco Polo House, Chelsea Bridge,
346 Queenstown Rd
London
SW8 4NQ
0171 705 5636

TAD Communications Ltd
Unit E, The Brewery Industrial Estate,
Wenlock Road
London
N1 7XS
0171 4903074

All-in-One Garden centre
Rochdale Rd
Middleton
Manchester
M24 2RD
01706 711711

All in One garden Centre Ltd
Rochdale Road
Middleton
Manchester
M24 2RB
01706 711711

Harefield Cottage Water Gardens
Warrington Rd, The Stoops, Rainhill
Prescot
Merseyside
L35 6PG
0151 4306647

Kassweld, Sefton Meadows Garden centre
Sefton Meadows,
Macmull
Merseyside
L31 8BT
0151 5316688

WATERWORLD CENTRE
Kingswood Nurseries, Bullsmore Lane,
Enfield
Middlesex
EN1 4SP
01992 761587

Waterlife Research
476 Bath Rd. , Longford,
Nr. West Drayton
Middlesex
UB7 0ED
01753 685 696

Allpets (Kiln Nurseries & Garden Centre
Common Road,
Stanmore
Middlesex
HA7 3JF
0181 9540008

Ashford Aquatics
Horrow Road, Stanwell Moor,
Staines
Middlesex
TW19 6AE
01784 463830

The London Aquarium Co.
Marine House, 6A Hounslow Road
London
Middlesex
TW13 6QH
0181 893 9006

Adrian Hall Ltd
Hanworth Garden centre, Feltham Hill Rd
Feltham
Middlesex
TW13 7NA
0181 8905057

Wildwood Water Garden Centre
Theobold Park Road, Crews Hill
Enfield
Middlesex
EN2 9BP
0181 366 0243

The Landscape Centre
24 Donegore Hill
Co Antrim
N Ireland
BTL1 2QU
01849 432175

Old Green Nursery & Garden Center
20 Old Green Road
Kells, Ballymena
N Ireland
BT42 3LP
0282 5898355

Grosvenor Tropicals
160 - 164 Beesbridge Road
Belfast
N Ireland
BT5 4RY
01232 456246

Shrubs N Tubs
25 Randalstown Road
Antrim
N Ireland
BT41 4LD
01849 461516

John Gillespie & Son
Ballhenry Road
Comber, Co. Down
N Ireland
BT23 5JZ
01247 872369

Montrose Garden Supply Co
10 - 12 Thomas Street
Ballmena
N Ireland
BT43 6AU
01266 653796

Hillmount Nursery Centre
56 - 58 Braniel Road
Gilnahirk, Belfast
N. Ireland
BT5 7TX
01232 448213

Hillside Nursery Centre
328 Doagh Road
Newtownabbey, Belfast
N.Ireland
BT36 6XL
01232 863161

The Dereham Nursery Centre
Old Swaffham Rd
Dereham
Norfolk
NR19 2AZ
01362 698722

Colin Quinton
15 Beck Lane, Horsham St Faith
Norwich
Norfolk
NR10 3LD

Gibbs Palmer (Norwich)
Haveringland, Near Cawston,
Norwich
Norfolk
NR10 4PR

Taverham Nursery Centre
Fir Covert Rd, Taverham
Norwich
Norfolk
NR8 6HT
01603 860522

Raingear Irrigation Ltd
Bengate, Worstead, North Walsham
Norwich
Norfolk
NR28 9LU
01692 403398

P&A Plant Supplies Limited
Sutton
Nr. Stacham
Norfolk
NR12 9RA
01692 580424

The Giant Pet Store
Unit H2, Twickenham Rd, Fifers Lane Trading Est
Nr Norwich Airport
Norfolk
NR6 6NG
01603 423600

Garden Machines
66-70 Kingsthorpe Rd
Kingsthorpe Hollow
Northampton
NN2 6HD
01604 716222

Blooming Lovely
94 Newton Rd
Rushden
Northamptonshire
NN10 0HQ
01933 418962

Milton (Wallpapers) Ltd
24 College St.
Northampton
Northamptonshire
NN1 2QP
01604 623339

The Water Garden
Greenacres, Finedon Road
Wellingborough
Northamptonshire
NN8 4BW
01933 271870

John Chambers Seeds
15 College St
Irthlingborough
Northamptonshire
NN9 5TU
01933 652562

Mike Dilley
8 Kingfisher way, Burton Latimer,
Kettering
Northamptonshire
NN15 5TE
01332 811573

ISE Garden Centre
Warkton Lane
Kettering
Northamptonshire
NN15 5AA
01536 519792

Poddington Garden centre
High Street, Podington
Wellingborough
Northamptonshire
NN29 7HS
01933 353656

Aqua Pets, Billing Garden Centre]
The Causeway, Gt. Billing
Northampton
Northamptonshire
NN3 9EX
01604 786700

Garvagh Garden Centre
Garvagh
Co Londonderry,
Northern Ireland
BT51 5AF

Heighley Gate Garden Centre
Morpeth
Northumberland
NE61 3DA
01670 513416

Pedigree Wholesale Ltd
Pedigree House,
Gamstone
Nottingham
NG12 6NQ
0115 981 6521

Whisper Pumps
Main Street
Laxton
Nottinghamshire
NG22 ONX
01777 871100

Lambley aquatics
Floraland nurseries, Catfoot Lane,
Lambley
Nottinghamshire
0115 926 2545

Ashfield Wet Pets
115 Redcliffe Street,
Sutton-in- Ashfield
Nottinghamshire
NG17 4ES
01623 556341

The Aquatic Centre
Bulcote
Nottinghamshire
NG14 5GT
0115 931 2986

Wharf Aquatics
65-67 Wharf Road
Pinxton
Nottinghamshire
NG16 6LH
01773 861255

Bardills Garden centre Aquatics,
225 Totton Lane
Stapleford
Nottinghamshire
NG9 7JB
01159 392478

Japanese Water Gardens, The Rose Gardens,
251 Toton Lane, Stapleford
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG9 7JA
01159 395897

Wayside Water Gardens
Doncaster Rd, Oldcotes
Nr. Worksop
Nottinghamshire
S81 8HT
01909 731 367

Leafield Water Gardens
53 Bawtry Rd, Blyth
Worksop
Nottinghamshire
S81 8HS
01909 591248

Walesby Aquatics
Sandhurst Nurseries, Brake Road, Walesby
nr Ollerton
Nottinghamshire
NG22 9NQ
01623 836117

Brookfields Water Gardens
431 Mapperley Plains
Nottingham
Nottinhamshire
NG3 5RW
01159 209535

2537 N.W.11th.
Oklahoma City
OK 73107
email: .

Frosts at Millets Farm
Millets Farm Garden Centre, Kingston Road
Frilford, Oxford
Oxfordshire
OX13 SHB
01865 391923

Yarnton nursery & Garden centre
Sandy lane
Kidlington
Oxfordshire
OX5 1PA
01865 372124

Toad Hall Garden Centre
Marlow Road
Henley-on-Thames
Oxfordshire
RG9 3AG
01491 574615

World of Water
Bicester Garden Centre, Oxford Road
Bicester
Oxfordshire
OX6 8NY
01869 322489

Creamston Aquatics
Ashbeth, Creamston Rd, Ulzmaston
Haverford West
Pembrokeshire
SA62 4PA
01437 760888

Arcadia Landscape Design
Pudding Lane Nursery, Reading Rd.
Arborfield
Reading
RG2 9HP
0118 9761048

Linden Garden Centre
Main Street
Glencarse, Perth
Scotland
PH2 7LX
01738 860673

Robertsons of Tain
Shore Rd
Tain, Ross-Shire
Scotland
IV19 1HY
01862 892276

Bayleys Garden Centre
Bayston Hill
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
SY3 ODA
01743 874261

Bath Aquatics
14 Brookside House, High Street, Weston,
Bath
Somerset
BA1 4BY
01225 426878

Blakeway Fisheries
Blakeway Farm
Wedmore
Somerset
BS28 4UB
01934 713833

Bow Aquatic Centre
At Willowbank Garden Centre, West Buckland (Main A38)
Wellington
Somerset
EX17 6LB
01823 461822

Petmania
Unit 8, Worle Industrial Estate, Coker Road
Weston Super Mare
Somerset
BS22 6BZ

Blagdon Water Gardens
Bath Road,
Upper Langford
Somerset
BS18 7DN
01934 852973

J&K Aquatics Ltd
Bridgewater Road, Bathpool
Taunton
Somerset
TA2 8BA
01823 327227

Monkton Elms Nursery
Monktn Elms, Wet Monkton
Taunton
Somerset
TA2 9QM
01823 412381

Ripples Water Life
Fosters Garden Centre,
Shenstone
Staffordshire
WS14 OQQ
01543 480886

Byrkley Aquatics
Byrkley Park, Rangemore
Burton on Trent
Staffordshire
01283 712924

Hatherton Aquatics
A5 Watling Street, Hatherton
Cannock
Staffordshire
WS11 1SH
01543-466423

K E Products
247/249 City Road, Fenton
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
ST4 2PX
01782 844866

Ripples Water Life
Planters Garden Centre, Freasley
Tamworth
Staffordshire
B78 2EY
01827 260964

Garners Garden Centre
Cemetery Road, Silverdale
Newcastle -under- Lyme
Staffordshire
ST5 6SH
01782 636428

Marine Aquaculture
Station House, Station Rd,
Endon, Staffordshire Morlands
Staffordshire
ST9 9DR
01782 504557

Ashley Pet & Aquatics
London Rd, Kessingland
Lowestoft
Suffolk
NR33 7PL
01502 742410

Elmers Hardware
59-61 Edmonton Rd, Kesgrave
Ipswich
Suffolk
IP57 7EQ
01473 623381

Early Dawn Garden Centre
Rushmere Road, Carlton Colville
Lowestoft
Suffolk
NR33 8HA
01502 476340

Woodcote Green Nurseries Ltd
Woodmansterne Lane
Wallington
Surrey
SM6 0SU
0181 6476838

Pets and Gardens
13 High Street
Haslemere
Surrey
GU27 2HG
01428 643279

Longacres Nursery
London Rd,
Bagshot
Surrey
GU19 5JB
01276 476778

The Coral Bazaar
Queens Close, Walton-on-the-Hill,
Tadworth
Surrey
KT20 7SU
01737 812475/812722

Knights Garden Centres
Ivymill Nursery (A25)
Godstone
Surrey
RH9 8NB

Caffyn Parsons Ltd
Badshot Lea Garden Centre, Badshot Lea
Farnham
Surrey
GU9 9JX
01252 333666

Snowhill Garden Centre
Snowshill Lane
Copthorn
Susex
RH10 3EY
01342 712545

C.D.&R Munn
Hodore Farm
Hartfield
Sussex
TN7 4AR
01892 770274

Croft Water gardens
Glyndley Garden Centre, Hailsham Rd,
Stone Cross, Pevensey
Sussex
BN24 5BS
01323 847868

Oasis Water Garden Products
Pembley Green, Copthorn Commom
Copthorn
Sussex
RH10 3LS
01342 716111

Oasis Water Garden Products
Pembley Green, Copthorn Common,
Copthorn
Sussex
RH10 3LS

D.J. Shepherd
23-25 Sussex Rd
Haywards Heath
Sussex
RH16 4DZ
01444 451687

Handcross Aquatic Centre
C/O Country Gardens Garden Ctre, London Rd
Handcross
Sussex
RH17 6BA
01444 401004

Tracmaster Ltd
Teknol House, Victoria Rd
Burgess Hill
Sussex
RH15 9LH
01444 247689

Tropikoi Aquatic Centre
Chalcroft Nursery, Chalcroft Lane
Bognor Regis
Susssex
PO21 5UA
01243 842660

S. Widmer
Pfannenstielstr. 112
CH 8706 Meilen
Switzerland

Agrifirm BV
Export sales, Klappolder 150, 2665 LP,
Bleiswijk
The Netherlands
+31 10 5241600

Peter Barratts Garden Centre
Gosforth Park
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
NE3 5EN
0191 236 7111

North East Koi & Aquatics
10 Main Street, Crawcrook
Ryton
Tyne and Weir
NE40 4ND
0191 413 1529

Brooke Farm Nurseries
Heol Creigian, Efail Isaf
Pontypridd
Wales
CF38 1B6
01443 202318

Cardiff Aquatic Centre
Pughs Garden Centre, Morganstown,
Radyr, Cardiff
Wales
CF4 8LB

Pet N Aquatic Discount
Jardinerie Garden centre( St. Mellows)
Newport road, Cardiff
Wales
CF3 9 XH
01222 797156

Greenacres Water Garden
Manorbier
Tenby Dyfed
Wales
SA70 8QB
01834 871448

Caerphilly Garden Centre
Penrhos, Nantgarw
Caerphilly, Mid Glamorgan
Wales
CF4 7UN
01222 861511 (Accounts 01222 864843)

Raglan Garden Centre
Croes Bychan, Abergavenny Road, Raglan
Usk, Monmouthshire
Wales
NP15 2BH
01291 690751

Waterways Garden Centre
Chester Road Lavister, Roossett
Wrexham
Wales
LL12 ODF
01244 571064

Fletchers Garden Centre
Marshfield
Cardiff, South Glamorgan
Wales
CF3 8UB
01633 680419

Southam Country Stores Ltd
Westfield Rd, Kineton Rd Ind. Estate, Southam
Leamington Spa,
Warwickshire
CV33 0JH
01926 815054

Heissner UK Ltd
Regency Business Centre
Queens Rd, Kenilworth
Warwickshire
CV8 1JQ

Brookside Mushroom farm & Aquatics
Gaydon road, Bishops Itchington
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
CV47 2QZ
01926 612320

Hobdays Pet Shop
39 Warwick Street
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
CV32 5JX
01926 425671

A5 Aquatics
Meadow Croft Farm, Watling St.
Nr. Nuneaton
Warwickshire
CV11 6BG
01203 347 456

Avon Aquatics
Illmington Rd, Whimpstone
Nr. Stratford-on-Avon
Warwickshire
CV37 8NR
01789 450638

Hollywood Aquatics
Greaves Square, Kings Norton
Birmingham
West Midlands
B38 9LX
0121- 624 6696

World of Water
Tamworth Road, Nether Whitacre
Coleshill, Birmingham
West Midlands
B46 2ND
01675 481144

Hurrans Garden Centre
Kidderminster Road South
Wet Hagley
West Midlands
DY9 OJB
01562 700929

Hurrans Garden Centre
Kidderminster Roasd South
West Hagley
West Midlands
DY9 OJB
01562 700929

Ornamental garden Pools (Jardinerie Ltd.)
Kennilworth Road, Hampton-in Arden,
Solihull
West Midlands
B92 OLP
01675 443307

Aquatic Options, Gibbs Palmer (Midlands) Ltd
Bluebird Park, Bromsgrove Rd, Hunnington
Halesowen
West Midlands
B62 OEW
0121 504 2700

A&D Aquatics
Unit 56, Rounds Green Rd. , Oldbury
Warley
West Midlands
B69 2RE
0121 544 6794

Sedgeley Road Aquarium
72-74, Sedgeley Road, Woodsetton
Dudley
West Midlands
DY1 4NG
01902 670098

Shirley Aquatics (1984) Ltd
Stratford Rd, Monkspath, Shirley
Solihull
West Midlands
B90 4EF
0121 744 1300

Prestwood Aviaries & Aquatics
Wolverhampton Rd. , Prestwood
Stourbridge
West Midlands
DY7 5AF
01384 877 150

Hollybush Nurseries Ltd
Aquatic Dept. Warstones Rd, Shareshill
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
WV10 7LX
01922 418050

Ripples Water life
Roses and Shrubs Garden Centre,Newport rd
Albrighton, Wolverhampton
West Midlands
WV7 3ER

Dolittles Limited
Garden Village, Bridgenorth Road, A454
Shipley, Wolverhampton
West Midlands
WV6 7EZ
01902 701122

Clearpond Distributors
48 Wessex Street
Carine
Western Australia 6020
61+8+9448 7210 / 61+8+9448 7754

Laurens Water Garden
Whitehall Garden centre, Lacock,
Chippenham
Wiltshire
SN15 2LT
01249 730204

Townsends Garden Centre
Bath Rd
Devizes
Wiltshire
SN10 2BB
01380 723722

Huber Technology
Units C&D Brunel Park, Bumpers Fm Ind Est
Chippenham
Wiltshire
FN14 6NQ
01249 765 005

Greatfields Nursery
Purton Rd, Greatfield, Nr Wooton Bassett
Swindon
Wiltshire
SN4 8EQ
01793 770381

Toomers garden centre
Stone Lane, Lydiard Millicent
Swindon
Wiltshire
SN5 9LD
01793 771766

World of Water
Jardinerie Garden centre, Hay Lane,
Swindon
Wiltshire
SN4 9QT
01793 853097

Forty Fathoms
Aquarium House, Green Street,
Kidderminster
Worcestershire
DY10 1JR
01526 515539

Little Heath Aquatics& Garden Centre
Little Heath Lane, Lickey End
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
B60 1HY
01527 832728

Malvern Aquatic Centre
29 Upperchase Road
Malvern
Worcestershire
WR14 2BU
01684 567984

Golls Aquatics
Rushford
Salford Priors, Evesham
Worcestershire
WR11 5SN
01386 870600

Cotswold Koi
Sandacres, Longdon Hill,
Nr. Evesham
Worcestershire
WR11 6RP
01386 830988

Midland Water Life
20 The Strand
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
B61 8AR
01527 879207

Droitwich Rd Aquatics
Worcester Garden Centre, Droitwich Rd
Worcester
Worcestershire
WR3 75W
01905 757376

Viscum Water Gardens
Bank End Road, Finningley,
Doncaster
Yorkshire
DN9 3NT
01302 771667

Viscum Water Gardens, Markham Grange Gdn Ctre
Longlands Lane, Brodsworth
Doncaster
Yorkshire
DN5 7XB
01302 726611

Viscum Water Gardens
Doncaster Road
Barnburgh
Yorkshire
DN5 7EF
01709 893265

Tong Garden Centre
Tong Lane, Tong Village, Westgate Hill
Off Wakefield Road, Bradford
Yorkshire
BD4 ORY

Eastfield Garden centre
Easton Road
Bridlington
Yorkshire
YO16 4XE
01262 672705

Ings Lane Garden Centre
Ings Lane,
Dunswell, Hull
Yorkshire
HU6 OAL
01482 850181

Pets R Wright
Sandhill Garden Centre, Wyton Rd
Preston, Nr Hull
Yorkshire
HU12 8TY
01482 891679

Wombwell Aquatics & Water Gardens
52-54 Park Street, Wombwell
Nr. Barnsley
Yorkshire
S73 0HF
01226 752222

White & Carter Wholesale Supplies
Station Road, Blaxton
Doncaster
Yorkshire
DN9 3AQ
01302 770677

Interscape
At Stephen H Smiths Garden Centre
Pool Road, Otley
Yorkshire
LS21 1DY
01943 464649

Bradshaws Direct
James Nicholson Link
Clifton Moor, York
Yorkshire
YO1 1SS
01904 691169

Woldelve Ltd
Whiteleys Garden Centre, Leeds Rd,
Mirfield
Yorkshire
WF14 ODQ
01924 495944

Nautilus Aquatics
Spring Green Nursery Pontefract Road
Crofton, Wakefield
Yorkshire
WF4 1LW
01924 864779

Kershaws Garden Centre
Halifax Road
Brighouse
Yorkshire
HD6 2QD
01484 713435

Birley Moor Garden Centre
27 Moor Valey, Mosborough
Sheffield
Yorkshire
S20 5BB
0114 2513536

Victoria Garden Centre
Wakefield Rd, Featherstone
Pontefract
Yorkshire
WF7 6BS
01977 701560

Pennine Garden Centre
Huddersfield Road, Shelley
Huddersfield
Yorkshire
HD8 8LG
01484 607248

Deans Garden Centre
Stockton Lane, Stockton-on-the Forest
York
Yorkshire
YO32 9UE
01904 400141

Animal House (UK)
QBM Business Park, Gelderd Rd, Birstall
Batley
Yorkshire
WF17 9QD
01924 479946

The Greenery
The Shopping Centre,
Thorpe Arch, Nr Wetherby
Yorkshire
01937 844778

Old 19-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Victoria Clare

Ron Clark wrote in
:

wrote:

So far as I can see, this page is a DIY guide by an enthusiast. It is
not selling anything. Have you actually looked at it?

Yes, it's low-grade spam and contains recommendations
for commercial products, with reference to stockists, ordering
information and price lists.

I disagree with you.

You've now posted 5 times about this. You quoted the URL. If you really
think this is spam, that is not the way to deal with it.

Victoria
Old 19-09-2003, 05:13 PM
J C-W

Victoria Clare wrote in message 8.222...

SNIP - enough said on flaming!

Jason, I find your text rather hard to read in such big chunks, specially
full-screen on my high-res monitor.

You might want to break it down into smaller paragraphs, or maybe numbered
steps?

Victoria

Victoria, thanks - to be honest it was knocked up rather hastily, and
I spent more time on the graphic, but thanks for the tip. I'll try and
make it more legible. Is it useful in essence though?
Jason
Old 19-09-2003, 05:32 PM
anne

wrote:

. Find it at
http://www.collinswebb.plus.com/otherstuff/

Constructive comments gratefully received.

This group is not a commercial billboard.

So far as I can see, this page is a DIY guide by an enthusiast. It is

not
selling anything. Have you actually looked at it?

Yes, it's low-grade spam and contains recommendations
for commercial products, with reference to stockists, ordering
information and price lists.

It's spam. It does advertise and recommend at least 2 commercially
available products

OK it's not blatant serious spam. and could be in innocence
but if he wants to make a 2 line reference to his web site. he should
stick it in his sig.

--
®óñ© © ²°°³

All this fuss makes me just want to go and look and I'm not even interested
in pond filters.. hmmm.

I agree with Victoria re the text (I did go and look). I think it would be
easier to read in ariel font for a start and definitely broken up into
sections. There is actually quite a lot of advice on the web about how to
present your text for web pages. Apparently people tend to scan pages more
when reading online and huge reams of text, puts them off.

Old 19-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Ron Clark

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:22:01 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Ron Clark wrote in
:

wrote:

So far as I can see, this page is a DIY guide by an enthusiast. It is
not selling anything. Have you actually looked at it?

Yes, it's low-grade spam and contains recommendations
for commercial products, with reference to stockists, ordering
information and price lists.

I disagree with you.

You've now posted 5 times about this. You quoted the URL. If you really
think this is spam, that is not the way to deal with it.

It contains recommendations to numerous stockists, product lists and
price lists.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Really, this business is beneath my notice, but since you persist in
championing a misguided youth, I will attempt to enlighten you.

It is an abuse of the terms and conditions of usenet usage to
recommend products, to promote links to dozens and dozens of
commercial retailers, to provide links to product lists and to price
lists.

What part of 'unsolicited advertising' are you failing to understand?
Google for 'UCE' for further enlightenment.

I don't regard this as serious spamming, just an aberration of
judgement by a possibly well-meaning poster. I am not about to shop
him to the relevant abuse facility, altho' I suspect he is in breach
of his 'terms and conditions',
I just want the prat ^H poster ^H original poster to take the
advertising out of his, arguably quite useful website and remove what
may be quite unintentional commercial promotions. He has the benefit
of the doubt in this, (atm)

--
®óñ© © ²°°³

Mechanical Filter Versus Biological Filter??/ DD DDD Ponds 4 02-04-2005 01:55 AM
DIY external filter ex WGS Hamm Ponds 11 24-12-2004 05:48 PM
DIY external filter ex WGS Hamm Ponds 0 19-12-2004 08:28 PM
new website: DIY homebuild mechanical external pre-filter (UK) J C-W Ponds 0 17-09-2003 08:12 PM
new website: DIY homebuild mechanical external pre-filter (UK) J C-W Ponds (alternative) 0 17-09-2003 08:12 PM