Old 19-09-2003, 12:48 AM
chris

Default help me choose some plants for a tricky garden spot

Hi All,

I am pulling up my rosebed in a month or so.

I am looking for ideas as to what I can replace them with.

I have pretty neutral soil
the position is about 8foot long by 3 foot at nmost wide and has tall
fences on two side so gets no direct sunlight (but a clear view of the
sky)
I want something to grow no more than knee high
Strong flowers in late autum/winter if possible (the postion is in
front of a very tall bush with red berries in autum and white flowers
in spring).

I already have ferns and Hostas elsewere in the garden. My wife is
keen for heathers but we get no direct sun to the postion..

I would welcome any ideas and/or links to plant sites..

Cheers

Chris

, wont mind a scambling clematis early in the year