GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fleece "Envelopes" (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/43629-fleece-envelopes.html)

Chris Stewart 21-09-2003 12:52 AM

Fleece "Envelopes"

Hi All,
Last year, after I had already trussed up my Cordyline with fleece
and string, I saw adverts for fleece "envelopes" which seemed to be designed
to cover cordylines and the like. Of course, now I have remembered about
them, I can't remember which catalogue I saw them in, or indeed what the
correct name for them is. Any clues urglers?
Chris S

Michael Berridge 23-09-2003 12:15 AM

Fleece "Envelopes"

Chris Stewart wrote in message ...
Hi All,
Last year, after I had already trussed up my Cordyline with

fleece
and string, I saw adverts for fleece "envelopes" which seemed to be

designed
to cover cordylines and the like. Of course, now I have remembered

about
them, I can't remember which catalogue I saw them in, or indeed what

the
correct name for them is. Any clues urglers?
Chris S

I bought some tubular fleece at a GC near me, this is what I use.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

suzburnet 25-09-2003 07:57 PM

Fleece "Envelopes"

Quote:

Originally posted by Michael Berridge

chris.stewart 26-09-2003 01:45 AM

Fleece "Envelopes"

Quote:

Originally posted by suzburnet
Thanks for the replies - i found what I was looking for here

http://www.agralan.co.uk/home1.html

- now all I need to find out is how much they are etc etc!!

Chris S

Natalie 26-09-2003 10:36 AM

Fleece "Envelopes"

"chris.stewart" wrote in message
s.com...
suzburnet wrote:
* *

Thanks for the replies - i found what I was looking for here

http://www.agralan.co.uk/home1.html

- now all I need to find out is how much they are etc etc!!

This was the first supplier I found via google typing 'plant cosies'.

http://www.greenchronicle.co.uk/acat...nt_Cosies.html

HTH

Natalie

Natalie 26-09-2003 10:36 AM

Fleece "Envelopes"

"Natalie" wrote in message

"chris.stewart" wrote in message
s.com...
suzburnet wrote:
* *

Thanks for the replies - i found what I was looking for here

http://www.agralan.co.uk/home1.html

- now all I need to find out is how much they are etc etc!!

This was the first supplier I found via google typing 'plant cosies'.

http://www.greenchronicle.co.uk/acat...nt_Cosies.html

HTH

Natalie

After searching a bit further I have discovered they are the cheapest at
£4.75 for a packet of 2. Other companies are selling the same thing for
£9.99! How can they justify that?

Natalie

Franz Heymann 26-09-2003 10:49 AM

Fleece "Envelopes"

"Natalie" wrote in message

"Natalie" wrote in message

"chris.stewart" wrote in

message
s.com...
suzburnet wrote:
* *

Thanks for the replies - i found what I was looking for here

http://www.agralan.co.uk/home1.html

- now all I need to find out is how much they are etc etc!!

This was the first supplier I found via google typing 'plant cosies'.

http://www.greenchronicle.co.uk/acat...nt_Cosies.html

HTH

Natalie

After searching a bit further I have discovered they are the cheapest at
£4.75 for a packet of 2. Other companies are selling the same thing for
£9.99! How can they justify that?

Or, for that matter, how do they justify £4.75 for a packet of 2??
Rolls of transparent bubble packing material and duck tape are dirt cheap.

Franz

Chris Stewart 26-09-2003 05:12 PM

Fleece "Envelopes"

"Natalie" wrote in message

"Natalie" wrote in message

"chris.stewart" wrote in

message
s.com...
suzburnet wrote:
* *

Thanks for the replies - i found what I was looking for here

http://www.agralan.co.uk/home1.html

- now all I need to find out is how much they are etc etc!!

This was the first supplier I found via google typing 'plant cosies'.

http://www.greenchronicle.co.uk/acat...nt_Cosies.html

HTH

Natalie

After searching a bit further I have discovered they are the cheapest at
£4.75 for a packet of 2. Other companies are selling the same thing for
£9.99! How can they justify that?

Natalie

Thanks Natalie, I still hadn't found an online supplier. I tried the glue
and sticking plaster approach last year and spent most of the winter tying
the bl**dy thing up again.

Chris S

Janet Baraclough 26-09-2003 08:43 PM

Fleece "Envelopes"

The message
from "Natalie" contains these words:

After searching a bit further I have discovered they are the cheapest at
£4.75 for a packet of 2. Other companies are selling the same thing for
£9.99! How can they justify that?

Why not buy some fleece at a gc and make your own envelopes with a stapler?

Janet.

JennyC 28-09-2003 11:02 AM

Fleece "Envelopes"

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Natalie" contains these words:

After searching a bit further I have discovered they are the

cheapest at
£4.75 for a packet of 2. Other companies are selling the same

thing for
£9.99! How can they justify that?

Why not buy some fleece at a gc and make your own envelopes with a

stapler?
Janet.

I just wrap the fleece around and tie with twine. The fleece can
expand to encompass the size of the plant/shrub as it grows :~))

Jenny