GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Transplanting ferns? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/43931-transplanting-ferns.html)

Bodger99 24-09-2003 12:35 PM

Transplanting ferns?

I've got this fern that's doing OK but really should be moved into a sunnier
spot. I'm thinking about putting it into a very tall pot on my patio in the
shade so it's 'regal' nature can be better appreciated. Sorry, but I don't
know it's name but it's a 'ferny' fern as opposed to a 'solid' fern which
dies back in the winter but doesn't quite disappear.

Can anyone advise me if I can do this? If so, when is the best time?

Thanks

Bodger

Jim W 25-09-2003 06:22 PM

Transplanting ferns?

Bodger99 wrote:

I've got this fern that's doing OK but really should be moved into a sunnier
spot. I'm thinking about putting it into a very tall pot on my patio in the
shade so it's 'regal' nature can be better appreciated. Sorry, but I don't
know it's name but it's a 'ferny' fern as opposed to a 'solid' fern which
dies back in the winter but doesn't quite disappear.

Can anyone advise me if I can do this? If so, when is the best time?

Thanks

Bodger

'Fern' is a very loose description so its hard to say..... There are so
many plants referred to as ferns that will grow in all sorts of
conditions so unless you know what it is more specifually or can ID
(mebbe put a pic up online and post a URL?) it its hard to advise.

At a mo you've got 2 choice. Leave it where it is and you'll know it'll
'probably do OK'... Move it and take the risk of either losing it or
not..
//
Jim