GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Jasmine pruning (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/43946-jasmine-pruning.html)

Menu Mania 24-09-2003 06:24 PM

Jasmine pruning

Folks,

I have a big-ish jasmine bush in my garden, wrapping its way round a
pergola.

When is the best time to prune? I realise that I have to leave some growth
for next years to wrap round, but what will happen if I cut too much off
(I'm intending getting a new pergola soon)?

Many thanks,

Lee.
www.menumania.co.uk

Jaques d'Altrades 24-09-2003 09:02 PM

Jasmine pruning

The message
from "Menu Mania" contains these words:

I have a big-ish jasmine bush in my garden, wrapping its way round a
pergola.

When is the best time to prune? I realise that I have to leave some growth
for next years to wrap round, but what will happen if I cut too much off
(I'm intending getting a new pergola soon)?

It will just sprout with renewed vigour.

(Anyone near South Norfolk who wants winter jasmine layers, shout now
before I dig them all up.)

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk