GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blush Noisette - what a rose (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/43972-blush-noisette-what-rose.html)

WasTa 24-09-2003 10:12 PM

Blush Noisette - what a rose

If I only had one rose this would be it. Bunches of pink double highly
scented blooms still scenting my garden path, and since late May. Looks like
a rambler in so far as the bunches of small flwrs, but I have never seen a
better repeat flowering rose.

Trevor

East Yorkshire

---

Janet Tweedy 25-09-2003 12:12 PM

Blush Noisette - what a rose

In article , WasTa
writes
If I only had one rose this would be it. Bunches of pink double highly
scented blooms still scenting my garden path, and since late May. Looks like
a rambler in so far as the bunches of small flwrs, but I have never seen a
better repeat flowering rose.

What kind of soil are you growing on Trevor?

In Amersham roses just don't do well, guess it's the clay over flint
over chalk :)
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Franz Heymann 25-09-2003 03:02 PM

Blush Noisette - what a rose

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , WasTa
writes
If I only had one rose this would be it. Bunches of pink double highly
scented blooms still scenting my garden path, and since late May. Looks

like
a rambler in so far as the bunches of small flwrs, but I have never seen

better repeat flowering rose.

What kind of soil are you growing on Trevor?

In Amersham roses just don't do well, guess it's the clay over flint
over chalk :)

Am I then wrong in thinking that roses appreciate a clay soil?

Franz

WasTa 25-09-2003 06:44 PM

Blush Noisette - what a rose

....chalky loam..extremely dry and free draining, on the edge of the
Yorkshire Wolds (70 ft amsl)

The plant is currently massed with buds as well as flowers.

Trevor

East Yorkshire