GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   When to plant lavender cuttings? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/44062-when-plant-lavender-cuttings.html)

rgree 25-09-2003 07:33 PM

When to plant lavender cuttings?

Hi, I took some lavender cuttings this August and they appear to be doing really well. Am not sure what to do with them now though. Any tips on when to plant them in the ground and wether I should I have them in the house overwinter. I am in the north west of England

Emrys Davies 26-09-2003 12:50 AM

When to plant lavender cuttings?

If they have rooted quite well pot them up and make sure that they are
hardened off. Keep them in a cold frame but if the winter is severe
move them to an area which has a temperature of about 35 degrees.

Do not put them in the house unless as a last resort.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

s.com...
--
rgree

John 26-09-2003 11:11 AM

"Franz Heymann" wrote:

" Emrys Davies" wrote in message
Keep them in a cold frame but if the winter is severe
move them to an area which has a temperature of about 35 degrees.

Fahrenheit

Ha! Phew! Thanks for that one Franz -- I'd forgotten some people still
use that scale, and was puzzled!

John in Northumberland (14 degrees today)